Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 5th Jul 17, 8:24 PM
    • 1,525Posts
    • 6,694Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Curtains
    • 5th Jul 17, 8:24 PM
    Curtains 5th Jul 17 at 8:24 PM
    Following on from the thread about when you turn your lights on.

Do you close your curtains when you turn your light on?
    and do you close them first or turn the light on first?

I generally close the curtains before I turn the light on, the exeption being in the kitchen where I dont close the curtains at all and I dont even have curtains on the bathroom window, it is frosted glass.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1681.5
    This week 64.8
Page 2
    • Judi
    • By Judi 7th Jul 17, 10:36 AM
    • 14,830 Posts
    • 59,549 Thanks
    Judi
    Light goes on but the blinds are only shut when its really dark outside. The conifer trees give us a certain amount of privacy anyway.

Unless its really hot or cold and they stay drawn until the room is occupied.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Missli
    • By Missli 7th Jul 17, 10:45 AM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 16,606 Thanks
    Missli
    I close mine generally after the light is turned on, but I have voiles at the front. I'd just feel like I was fumbling about unnecessarily otherwise
    • MrsShazbat
    • By MrsShazbat 11th Jul 17, 9:14 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 2,144 Thanks
    MrsShazbat
    We have blinds, voiles and curtains. Previously we lived in a maisonette so were overlooked by no one although I still shut the kitchen blind at night (as people could see in when they walked past the front) and our bedroom curtains, much to hubby's amusement. Now we're in a house, which came with roller blinds, I just close the blinds but we have voiles up so no one can see in. Generally the living room blind stays down when we're out as it's a big window, we have a light on a security timer so if the blind isn't down it's glaringly obvious if we're not in, but also so that the dog doesn't get wound up by people (or the neighbourhood kids) coming to the door, etc. Our curtains are purely for decoration.
    PAYDBX 2017 #71 £1194.54 / £3053.49 * Xmas 2017 #8 £217 / £365 * (2016 £424.32 / £366)
    * SPCNo.10 #66 (SPCNo.9 £442.64 inc Quidco to 2/11/16 £138.92 *
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

790Posts Today

6,804Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin