Flight Advice

Options
My daughter wants to fly from Cardiff to Ibiza on July 31st and then back home on August 5th with Thomson. They fly on these dates but will not let me book for 5 nights nor will it let me book single trips.
If I book 2 returns (one going 22nd July returning 5th August and one going 31st July and returning August 7th) would she be able to do this. I am worried that if she does not turn up on the July 22nd for the outbound flight the return flight would be cancelled?

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are correct. It will be cancelled
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    Options
    Better for her to make her way to London. Then she can fly for as little as £43 on those dates, plus the cost of checked-in luggage.

Otherwise she can fly from Bristol for around £150.
  • needaholiday
    Options
    She is flying out to join us at the end of our holiday. She has friends flying out on July 31st so would have had transport to the airport and then would have flown back with us on August 5th.
    Thanks for your help and suggestions though.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,965 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    unforeseen wrote: »
    You are correct. It will be cancelled

I know that is the case with schedule flights other than the low cost operators, is it the same with Thomson?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thomson as exactly the same as a scheduled airline. You are not paying for separate legs but an overall journey. If you don't start the journey then you lose all of it.

Low cost airlines are different in that they do not sell return tickets but 2 single tickets
  • needaholiday
    needaholiday Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to keep on but........when I looked at flights on On The Beach it gives the option to fly out with various airlines e.g Thomas Cook,Easyjet and to return Ibiza to Cardiff with Thomson but I cannot do this on Thomson site. I've rung them too and they say I can't book a singe so any idea how On The Beach can offer this?
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to keep on but........when I looked at flights on On The Beach it gives the option to fly out with various airlines e.g Thomas Cook,Easyjet and to return Ibiza to Cardiff with Thomson but I cannot do this on Thomson site. I've rung them too and they say I can't book a singe so any idea how On The Beach can offer this?
    I think you need to google OTB reviews
    :eek:
  • needaholiday
    needaholiday Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't intend booking with them as I know hey are dodgy but can the information be that inaccurate??
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't intend booking with them as I know hey are dodgy but can the information be that inaccurate??
    From what I have read on- line I,d say Yes!
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Yes. When you go through to book those flights if you are lucky they will say they are no longer available before you've parted with any money, if you're unlucky they'll take your money then tell you the combination is unavailable but you will be ties into the one flight that is.

Many people fall into the 'unlucky' category.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure