IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ace Security Services CN

Hi,

I received a charge notice from Ace Security as they were recently introduced as a service ensure only residents or visitors are allowed on site with a valid permit.

Anyways, I went to my car this morning and saw the ticket for not having my resident or visitor permit displayed. So, I was cleaning out the car etc last night and the permit found itself under my seat. I checked the details of the charge this morning and the warden had taken photos of the outside and inside my car. Figures they would do that and the visitors permit is not visible (I am a visitor).

Well is there a way round this. I was genuinely visiting and my car was parked directly outside the property I was in and I am here quite frequently so it wasn't as if myself or the use of the permit was abusing its use.

The fine is £100 reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days. What should I do as a course of action.

Thanks,
ts22

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    they hooked you into their trap and there is no easy way out of it , no magic bullet

if you read the NEWBIES sticky thread it does telll you to appeal this to the PPC in the first instance

after that its IGNORE because its an IPC member

then come back if they (the PPC) issue an MCOL within 6 years

and check what the lease says about parking and showing of permits (or it may not say anything at all, or little or nothing)

the wording on the lease is the most important thing here
  • ts22
    ts22 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've had a go at reading through the sticky's here which I think are very good albeit a little confusing hence I posted the thread about it.

Well initially the estate was private resident only, however this wasn't regulated. Only until recently that the estate parking started to get abused they decided to hold resident meetings to enforce pay for permits etc.

One of our arguments was that the council should enforce this for free as they stated it was residential parking so its up to them to enforce that. They can't just suddenly have resident meetings and say "ok we are going to get a third party involved - Ace Security".

Anyways, from the transition period from non-monitored to monitored, they sent out letters informing that they will be enforcing a traffic warden system effective from the 5th June 2017. I'm not entirely sure if it was enforced through signatures or decisions that they made but I don't remember my partner having to sign anything additional.

Ironically, there are a lot of cars on the estate and many of them are residents but the council has decided "only one resident permit per household" which is just ridiculous.

Being honest, I find the sticky threads very confusing after reading and wondering is there a simplistic or lay-mans approach onto what I can be doing.

Thanks,
    ts22
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    my reply was the simplistic answer, because its an unregulated industry

as you can see from parking pranksters blog today , they could easily lose in court and only a judge can decide all those questions you were asking , because its about contractual law, which is complex

I gave you the simplistic answer for free, plus that thread is the best free advice you will get on the net about this topic

make of it what you will , but there is no easy answer to all this, which I did tell you in my reply earlier

you want a defining answer ? let them take it all the way to civil court and get a judge to decide

if this is an ALMO or TMO you can see the consequences of such burocracy in the dreadful events at GRENFELL TOWER in london
  • ts22
    thanks you sir for the reply. much appreciated
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 June 2017 at 6:57PM
    the warden
    traffic warden system
    There is no 'warden', this isn't a proper fine. It's a scam, as this industry operate all the time. They have no place in this car park. The Managing Agents have let loose notorious ex-clampers and they WILL target your cars.

Who on earth agreed to this? Surely numpty residents didn't vote/ask for it...? Idiots, if so.
    they were recently introduced as a service ensure only residents or visitors are allowed on site with a valid permit.

That's not how Ace and their ilk see it. You are their victims. This was a stupid decision by someone.

You and fellow residents will ALL be targeted and dragged to court, do your Managing agents realise that? Ex-clampers have even been known to shake and rock cars to dislodge permits, and to re-issue *new* ones at Christmas in a different colour all of a sudden, so they can go and ticket all the people who are away and haven't changed to the pointless new version...

Look, this is winnable in court but that's the only place to get this cancelled, unless the Managing Agents will:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/pace-given-pasting-in-manchester.html

http://www.parking-prankster.com/more-case-law.html

Read PACE v Lengyel in the case law links, it's really useful; the Judge tears into the scam.
    Being honest, I find the sticky threads very confusing after reading and wondering is there a simplistic or lay-mans approach onto what I can be doing.

I'm a lay-woman and there's a lot to cover in the sticky thread. Can't be written any more simply as there are too many different issues to cover.

You will need post #2 of that sticky thread, all about how to defeat them in court, so be grateful for the level of knowledge and detail in it! We know what we are doing.

Your Managing Agents and the residents should be careful what you wish for - BAD mistake, allowing a scumbag on site.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    you keep saying "council"

if you rent , who do you rent from , council or some mob at arms lengh
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • ts22
    Sorry, I don't mean to say the information is confusing in a negative way. I just think I'm struggling it myself personally haha.

The estate is the Lewisham council. So they had resident meetings which some did and didn't attend. Some wanted the permits and some didn't want the permits.

Ultimately they posted letters into the estate saying it will be enforced. And today many of us got fined. Cars that are there regularly so I'm assuming some people have 2 cars but they are only issuing one permit. My partner has access to my car so at times uses it and parks in the estate. It's silly really.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 16 June 2017 at 7:40PM
    And today many of us got fined.

Quelle surprise. it's not just silly, you will get PCNs all the time, all residents will. This is an absolute scam and the residents actually let them in - sorry but they (the ones who wanted this) are plain stupid.

It's madness and you ALL need to complain to the Landowner. You will ALL be taken to court - you will ALL get multiple PCNs and threats in the post - and numpties will pay or defend badly. YOU WON'T!

Are you sure it's not Lewisham Homes (an ALMO, not the Council)?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ts22 wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't mean to say the information is confusing in a negative way. I just think I'm struggling it myself personally haha.

The estate is the Lewisham council. So they had resident meetings which some did and didn't attend. Some wanted the permits and some didn't want the permits.

Ultimately they posted letters into the estate saying it will be enforced. And today many of us got fined. Cars that are there regularly so I'm assuming some people have 2 cars but they are only issuing one permit. My partner has access to my car so at times uses it and parks in the estate. It's silly really.

think about it , since when can a private parking Co issue tickets on that land
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Exactly, so it's Lewisham Homes I reckon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure