IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CountyParking Enforcement Agency PCN

Hi I'm looking for some advice regarding a PCN from County Parking Enforcement Agency.

The driver had stopped in a parking area on the side of the road in Butterfield Park in Luton for no more than 5 minutes. Whilst stopped someone came over and issued a parking ticket and took photographs of the car. The reason stated on the ticket is "Parked within a restricted area".

As stated above, it is from a company called County Parking Enforcement Agency. What are the chances of getting this ticket cancelled and how difficult would it be if possible?

I have read through the newbies thread and the ticket does have the IPC logo on it. From my understanding, these tickets are not as easy to get cancelled and seem to reject almost all appeals.

I had one 4 years ago from Apcoa which I appealed using POPLA which was fairly straight forward but if this is going to be a long and stressful process I would rather pay up and forget about it. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Deal with it as per the sticky, using the IPC template. There's no magic formula to shake off an IPC operator ticket, other than a landowner cancellation. Try the University (if my guess is that Butterfield Park is part of the Uni).

Beyond that it's ignore everything for 6 years, other than a LBA/LBC/LBCCC or real court papers.

CPEA don't do court - at present.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/County_Parking_Enforcement_Agency.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Rhys14
    Rhys14 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Deal with it as per the sticky, using the IPC template. There's no magic formula to shake off an IPC operator ticket, other than a landowner cancellation. Try the University (if my guess is that Butterfield Park is part of the Uni).

Beyond that it's ignore everything for 6 years, other than a LBA/LBC/LBCCC or real court papers.

CPEA don't do court - at present.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/County_Parking_Enforcement_Agency.html
    Just to confirm, the best approach is to wait for the NTK in the post and then send the appeal template via the online appeals form and ignore anything other than court papers?

How accurate is that information regarding court action? Is it safe to say nothing is likely to come of this by ignoring it?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Do as advised in the newbies FAQ thread.

No-one can predict they won't do court over the next,6 years
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You can send in the initial appeal a couple of days before their deadline (depending on the method they require) in an expectation they forget to send a formal NtK in time, thereby failing to establish keeper liability. This protects you as the keeper.

The information about court action is accurate as of today. It does not predict the future. They have 6 years to pursue through the courts and leopards can change their spots in the private parking game.

But given that CPEA are a small-fry operator and every court case costs them much more than they can recoup from you, you have to take a view on whether they are likely to change their spots. My guess would be they won't - but that's my guess. You need to make up your own mind. But even if they did pursue you and you lost (we help with defences) the total costs to you would be around £175 +/-
    Is it safe to say nothing is likely to come of this by ignoring it?
    If it did go to court, I don't think a judge would be impressed by you not having entered into some process of dealing with the PCN, hence the advice to send in the initial appeal, then ignore everything after (including debt collector letters) short of LBC etc or court papers.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport