Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Broglie
    • By Broglie 12th Jun 17, 11:51 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Broglie
    Home Insurance when Extension planned in next 6 months
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:51 AM
    Home Insurance when Extension planned in next 6 months 12th Jun 17 at 11:51 AM
    Hi,

We are moving home in couple of weeks time. I am trying to buy home insurance for the house we are moving.

Couple of questions:
    1. We have plans to extend the house within 6 months of moving to the new house. Can i still look for home insurance?
    2. I got a quote from Churchill Home insurance but they mentioned to me that they cant provide insurance if there is any extension planed within 6 months of taking an Insurance. Is this a normal practice or is it just with Churchill?
    3. Any suggestions for insurance provider who can provide Insurance knowing we are going to add an additional bathroom to the house?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jun 17, 11:56 AM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:56 AM
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:56 AM
    Most off the peg online insurers don't cover building works.

See if a local broker (not Swinton) can help
    • Broglie
    • By Broglie 13th Jun 17, 8:27 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Broglie
    • 13th Jun 17, 8:27 AM
    • 13th Jun 17, 8:27 AM
    Most off the peg online insurers don't cover building works.

See if a local broker (not Swinton) can help
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Thanks. I will try to find some local insurance provider or broker.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,609Posts Today

6,721Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin