Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shauna22
    • By Shauna22 6th Jun 17, 2:02 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Shauna22
    Rejecting Car on Finance
    • 6th Jun 17, 2:02 PM
    Rejecting Car on Finance 6th Jun 17 at 2:02 PM
    Hello, in September 2014 I purchased an approved used car on PCP over a 3.5 year contact.
    The car was only 7 months old when I bought it so I was hoping for worry free motoring however it has been a nightmare.

Long story short, I've had serious problems with the clutch/gear box of the car and had it back at the dealership on eleven different occasions before I was finally given a new clutch (after I point blank refused to take it home as I knew there was an issue). To this day the car still has bother going into first and reverse, but I'm always told there's nothing wrong with it. I've also had the car back in the garage for more minor things like parking sensors, boot lock etc but I'd be here all day if I listed all the little things.

A few weeks ago I found the passenger door rusting and the manufacturer agreed it was a defect and paid to have it painted, the car is now waiting for the drivers door to be painted as it has rusted also. I went to drive it to work yesterday and a coil spring snapped. Its just problem after problem, I no sooner have one issue sorted till another one develops. I feel like for a 3 year old car its had quite a lot of problems, do I have any grounds to reject it and hand it back to the finance company?

The customer service I've received from both the manufacturer and the dealership I bought it from has been nothing short of appalling. I was actually told the issue with the clutch was 'in my head' however when they eventually pulled the car apart they realised the release bearing was faulty and there was an issue.

I'm paying money each month for a car that I'm not satisfied with and don't feel like its of satisfactory quality for the age and mileage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm not due to hand the car back or exchange it until April 2018 and I really don't want to keep it until then.
Page 1
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 6th Jun 17, 2:10 PM
    • 15,662 Posts
    • 8,973 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 6th Jun 17, 2:10 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 2:10 PM
    Talk to your finance company. Its their car so they can usually exercise some pressure on the dealer / manufacturer.

Also, contact the manufacturers customer service team.
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 6th Jun 17, 11:27 PM
    • 26,034 Posts
    • 10,383 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 6th Jun 17, 11:27 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 11:27 PM
    Story sounds familiar...
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Shauna22
    • By Shauna22 13th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shauna22
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    What do you mean?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,726Posts Today

9,594Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sneaky NAKED photo... ...of the room where many political and regional TV interviews are done. This is before the? https://t.co/fDdeKQOQuU

• The Premium Bond rate is being boosted from 1.15% to 1.4% should you pile in? My analysis... https://t.co/3Q7tjphAFO

• RT @colinjdunn: First #Plevin cheque received this morning - £548.66 from Nationwide & with other claims still outstanding - so thanks @Mar?

• Follow Martin