Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SamDude
    • By SamDude 29th May 17, 8:37 PM
    • 209Posts
    • 72Thanks
    SamDude
    P11D for already taxed benefits?
    • 29th May 17, 8:37 PM
    P11D for already taxed benefits? 29th May 17 at 8:37 PM
    Hello all,

I left my last employer (RBS) in Decemeber due to redundancy. I have found new employment, so my post is not about leaving or finding work.

Whilst employed at RBS for the previous 9 years, I had various non-taxable flexible benefits - one of the things was a reloadable shopping card, where you could add funds from salary and save 3-10% at various retailers/restaurants/etc. The funds were added from net salary, so they did not save me any tax or NI.

I've received a P11D statement for 2016/17 from RBS detailing the distribution charge and card cost for this benefit. The amounts listed are:
    Gross amount £1900
    Amount made good: £1819
    Cash equivalent: £81

The £81 is the amount due to be taxed.

I have never had a P11D generated, so I am confused about why this has come through - is it a mistake, or does the fact that I left RBS employment mean I am due to pay tax on an already taxed amount?

I'm not able to call RBS HR until Tuesday, so I was hoping someone can shed some light on this for me?
Page 1
    • Dal Whinnie
    • By Dal Whinnie 10th Jul 17, 10:21 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    Dal Whinnie
    • 10th Jul 17, 10:21 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 10:21 PM
    What was the answer on this?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

102Posts Today

1,834Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin