Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • the mixer
    • By the mixer 16th May 17, 9:25 PM
    • 72Posts
    • 11Thanks
    the mixer
    Manadatory reconsideration for PIP appeal question
    • 16th May 17, 9:25 PM
    Manadatory reconsideration for PIP appeal question 16th May 17 at 9:25 PM
    I had my benefits downgraded when switching from DLA to PIP three months ago. I asked for a mandatory reconsideration and the decision was upheld, as apparently is usually the case. I have put in motion an appeal but am outwith the month limit since receiving it so it will be late, as I got confused and thought it was another call to the DWP to appeal.

I know someone who sent an appeal in the form of a letter explaining what was wrong with the decision in his eyes going by the report of the assessor, and as a resulyt he had his money increased. However, when I look for advice anywhere it seems to be that you just fill in the application form saying why you are appealing and thereafter wait to hear back about a tribunal? I can't see any accounts of people writing letters at this stage, seperate from the appeal form, which would have the potential of getting the decision overturned. Obviously I would rather this than go to a tribunal months down the line.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,027Posts Today

9,357Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin