mortgage advice

Options
Hi . Is there a mortgage out there for retired persons. I am looking for a 12year Interest only Re-mortgage for £140,000. My house is valued at £220,000+. I wish to pay my existing mortgage of £80,000 and all debts. I am 68 years old and my joint pensions with my wife are £26,500 pa. My pensions are £19,600pa. I have tried my 2 banks and they have said no as I can only have a mortgage until I am 75 although I have one until I am 80 at the moment. Is there anything out there to help? Even a £60,000 loan or mortgage would allow me to pay all my debts and some of the mortgage. Equity release companies have only offered £79,000, not even enough to pay the mortgage.

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Potentially, but I think £140k is probably going to be a little too much, maybe £100k is about the max.
    You could potentially take out a secured loan to wrap up all of the debts in to one, so you then only have 2 payments each month.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • pumpman60
    pumpman60 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Is a £60000 loan or mortgage over 12 years, possibly interest only, available. This would enable me to be debt free and pay 1 (£20000) part of my 3 part mortgage due in 2019, as well. Thanks
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Interest only - no.

14/15 year term - yes.

£140,000 lending - no.

You could, perhaps, benefit from a second mortgage.

Get yourself some decent advice from a Broker.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure