Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • insight101
    • By insight101 12th May 17, 8:44 PM
    • 79Posts
    • 76Thanks
    insight101
    Negative feedback troll buyer.........
    • 12th May 17, 8:44 PM
    Negative feedback troll buyer......... 12th May 17 at 8:44 PM
    This buyer has given negative feedback for nearly every purchase she has every made.......???!!!

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rpx4xrf&ftab=Fe edbackLeftForOthers
Page 1
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 12th May 17, 9:13 PM
    • 4,296 Posts
    • 3,707 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 12th May 17, 9:13 PM
    • 12th May 17, 9:13 PM
    I complained to Ebay about another buyer who did the same. Ebay's response was that some people only leave feedback when there is a problem so it looks like they only leave negative. As far as I know they did not take action.
    • insight101
    • By insight101 12th May 17, 9:32 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    insight101
    • 12th May 17, 9:32 PM
    • 12th May 17, 9:32 PM
    Just unfair that any seller however good they are will get a negative and 1 stars just because this person purchased an item from them.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 13th May 17, 8:53 AM
    • 3,021 Posts
    • 1,760 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 13th May 17, 8:53 AM
    • 13th May 17, 8:53 AM
    It's true that some people only leave negative and don't leave any for the positives, however the fact they are trying their best to fit swearing into the feedback and how they give the same specific wording to several sellers in a row at a time speaks volumes.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • qsk
    • By qsk 13th May 17, 12:01 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    qsk
    • 13th May 17, 12:01 PM
    • 13th May 17, 12:01 PM
    This buyer has given negative feedback for nearly every purchase she has every made.......???!!!

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rpx4xrf&ftab=Fe edbackLeftForOthers
    Originally posted by insight101
    That's why I leave feedback as a seller only after the buyer confirms everything is OK either via feedback or a message...
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 13th May 17, 3:17 PM
    • 342 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Nesty
    • 13th May 17, 3:17 PM
    • 13th May 17, 3:17 PM
    What I say about the feedback system. Buyers can just do what they want.

As for the postage comment. I've had this before. It's postage & packing.
    If you are a one off seller and you have to purchase packaging. It's over 3 times the cost of the actual postage!
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th May 17, 4:46 PM
    • 58,861 Posts
    • 41,693 Thanks
    soolin
    • 13th May 17, 4:46 PM
    • 13th May 17, 4:46 PM
    What I say about the feedback system. Buyers can just do what they want.

As for the postage comment. I've had this before. It's postage & packing.
    If you are a one off seller and you have to purchase packaging. It's over 3 times the cost of the actual postage!
    Originally posted by Nesty
    I think it is unlikely that packaging is going to be 3 times any postage. If we look at 2nd class parcels at £2.85 no one can seriously suggest that a seller needs to spend over £8 on a box and some newspaper or bubble wrap. Even something going as a large letter at 76p is unlikely to need to pay more than 30p for a padded envelope .

However, going back to the buyer in the OP - that is exactly the sort of person I 'like' to make offers on my items rather than buy them outright, as seeing all that feedback left for others would get them straight on to my blocked list.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • janb5
    • By janb5 13th May 17, 8:22 PM
    • 1,774 Posts
    • 6,336 Thanks
    janb5
    • 13th May 17, 8:22 PM
    • 13th May 17, 8:22 PM
    About a year ago, I got feedback that was clearly directed at a long standing battle with Ebay. Ebay wouldnt do anything but I realised that about 20 of us had been targeted. I emailed the other sellers and we got our feedback ( negatives withdrawn) The feedback read something like" Not your fault but Ebay are.... and are a disgrace!
    • neverlikedpeas
    • By neverlikedpeas 14th May 17, 11:01 AM
    • 199 Posts
    • 5,116 Thanks
    neverlikedpeas
    • 14th May 17, 11:01 AM
    • 14th May 17, 11:01 AM
    I don't usually check the feedback buyers give, but I once got a strange demand from a buyer after the auction had been won and paid for.After checking the raft of negative feedback they had given I decided I wasnt going to post the item.Oddly enough not sending only resulted in a neutral feedback.
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 14th May 17, 11:45 AM
    • 3,763 Posts
    • 4,090 Thanks
    robatwork
    That's some mental issues right there.

If I need a bit of cheering up after some Ebay nightmares, I often scroll back through Mr_B0llox's feedback.

For example:

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOt hers&userid=mr_bo**ox&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&searchInterval=30&mPg=17&page= 12
    • jay56
    • By jay56 14th May 17, 8:07 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    jay56
    My links never seem to work, but check out mankymoomin on Ebay too!
    • ontheup1972
    • By ontheup1972 15th May 17, 11:06 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    ontheup1972
    http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=maggiezhu1980&f tab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&searchInterval=30

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=carrycarry-2&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&searchInterval=30

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=kats1983&ftab=F eedbackLeftForOthers&searchInterval=30

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=sirah2003&ftab= FeedbackLeftForOthers&searchInterval=30

Just saying...
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 15th May 17, 7:56 PM
    • 3,763 Posts
    • 4,090 Thanks
    robatwork
    "seller good. BUT be aware this product comes with Diarrhoea!!!!!"

I always prefer a compliment slip.

carrycarry-2 must be the unluckiest person on the planet given how many parcels go missing. Why on earth this account isn't banned only ebay can know.
    • KitKatMum2
    • By KitKatMum2 15th May 17, 9:44 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 825 Thanks
    KitKatMum2
    Well if we're doing this, then ...
    http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=allen-kerry&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&searchInterval=30
    Sold on the items she claimed she hadn't received from me. Seems a lot of things she buys mysteriously 'don't arrive'.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 15th May 17, 10:27 PM
    • 3,021 Posts
    • 1,760 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    The best results I've had with eBay are after contacting a few of the other sellers with carefully worded query about the buyer, to build up a case of information, and then contacting eBay quoting "suspicious buyer" with equally carefully worded request for the buyer to be investigated. As I've had some good results doing that, I can't believe not enough sellers have reported those buyers listed above.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th May 17, 7:50 AM
    • 58,861 Posts
    • 41,693 Thanks
    soolin
    The best results I've had with eBay are after contacting a few of the other sellers with carefully worded query about the buyer, to build up a case of information, and then contacting eBay quoting "suspicious buyer" with equally carefully worded request for the buyer to be investigated. As I've had some good results doing that, I can't believe not enough sellers have reported those buyers listed above.
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    I'm quite a heavy reporter of people, and even having a brush with a buyer like this would trigger a report from me. I'm not sure how much ebay really care though, my abusive buyer , the one who made unpleasant threats continued buying solidly after my reports with no break at all looking at the feedback score going up.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 16th May 17, 8:01 AM
    • 3,021 Posts
    • 1,760 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    I'm quite a heavy reporter of people, and even having a brush with a buyer like this would trigger a report from me. I'm not sure how much ebay really care though, my abusive buyer , the one who made unpleasant threats continued buying solidly after my reports with no break at all looking at the feedback score going up.
    Are you talking about just hitting the "report" button or actually explaining what is going on. Speaking to eBay after having conversations with other sellers along the lines of ... eBay inactivity is costing them money, seemed to get results. (note not all sellers will respond or cooperate with this and probably don't have the time or inclination).
    There is enough information above and between us would have the names and addresses of these fraudsters to actually create a very good news article which would be news worthy. However we are the ones who don't have an interest in making public knowledge these kinds of cases, and we also know they are quite rare. However, it would give eBay a good kick from behind.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th May 17, 9:28 AM
    • 58,861 Posts
    • 41,693 Thanks
    soolin
    Are you talking about just hitting the "report" button or actually explaining what is going on. Speaking to eBay after having conversations with other sellers along the lines of ... eBay inactivity is costing them money, seemed to get results. (note not all sellers will respond or cooperate with this and probably don't have the time or inclination).
    There is enough information above and between us would have the names and addresses of these fraudsters to actually create a very good news article which would be news worthy. However we are the ones who don't have an interest in making public knowledge these kinds of cases, and we also know they are quite rare. However, it would give eBay a good kick from behind.
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    I actually phone or live chat, I think the report button is useless.

I'm always on the phone to ebay making a nuisance of myself.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • mike230652
    • By mike230652 17th May 17, 1:12 PM
    • 494 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    mike230652
    Love it! Only feedback to feature a " Full English " breakfast in 6 parts

That's some mental issues right there.

If I need a bit of cheering up after some Ebay nightmares, I often scroll back through Mr_B0llox's feedback.

For example:

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOt hers&userid=mr_bo**ox&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&searchInterval=30&mPg=17&page= 12
    Originally posted by robatwork
    if i had known then what i know now
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 17th May 17, 6:05 PM
    • 3,763 Posts
    • 4,090 Thanks
    robatwork
    Just a selection:

ITEM ARRIVED IN A BOX
    Nice. Textural, heavily groove-based sale. Slidey.
    "FOR YOU.... THE WAR IS OVER"
    You see I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
    Selled delivered item isentropically - WHICH IS THERMODYNAMICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!!
    'LIFE IS A MINESTRONE - SERVED UP WITH PARMESAN CHEESE' Nice guy to deal with.
    Last night a DJ saved my life.
    BOGUS 'LANDFILL PASSION CRIME' SUBVERTS SUBURBAN UTOPIA - THOUSANDS JOBLESS! Etc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

200Posts Today

1,156Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin