PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 2017 mega index/christmas chat!!!! Yes, it's early I know :)

Options

Comments

• maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 8 July 2017 at 6:02PM
    Options
    At what stage will you sticky this, Zippy? I'd forgotten you had started this because it slipped down the list of current threads but there was a link to it today in a new thread.

I was actually just thinking about the big December event because I've just had my John Lewis vouchers and I save those to use in Waitrose at the end of the year, But I've switched to a Natwest account that pays 3% on utlities and I've also got a credit card that gives you 1% cashback on supermarket spends so that is all going towards goodies. The real reason I switched away from using my John Lewis card is because Natwest still supports Microsoft Money and I find it so useful to be able to download transactions easily
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    More Xmas bargains purchased today! Got some bits in the Disney store sale (dressing gowns for the kids for £7.50!) some stuff picked up from Argos from the clearance and some bits from primark. Going to start skimming the bank accounts again as I'm going to need Xmas food this year which we don't normally have to buy so want to have a separate pot for this. How is everyone else getting on?
    Living the simple life
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today in Poundland I saw they had small wooden crates stencilled with the word 'Garden' so I bought a couple of them to make gardening themed hampers. I also bought a few bits such as gardening twine, plant labels, plant pots and packets of flower seeds as I guess all the gardening things will be disappearing off the shelves soon.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Last week we found a gorgeous chunky wooden dustbin lorry just right for the youngest grandsons first Christmas and on Sunday at the boot fair I found a Brittains large reindeer for the elder one and a large polar bear for the younger one for 50p each, they're usually very expensive so that's a nice stocking present each too!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Opinions please!

We are having a 'Christmas in July ' ( an actual thing in Australia) themed morning tea next Saturday, I want to get ahead with mince pie making as I've lots of people coming and lots to be done over next week.

Do I make them, bake them and freeze them ? Or , make them , freeze them and then bake them in the morning of tea?

Thanks
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    At what stage will you sticky this, Zippy? I'd forgotten you had started this because it slipped down the list of current threads but there was a link to it today in a new thread.

Hmmmm i just about got away with posting it never mind stickying it hehehe!!

When you have the thread open, look top right for "thread tools", then click "subscribe to this thread". Then you can receive notifications when someone posts. It's a really handy tip :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Love the Aussie christmas!!!

I would freeze the mince pies unbaked but i'm only guessing that on my instinct!

Mince Pies may also helpdo let us know how you get on!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• vodkawitch1
    vodkawitch1 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    I am planning to make some fairy gardens from lantern`s and got some bits in the works today.
    Make £2 a day challenge - doing well so far.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Preordered my first Christmas presents today, 2 cookbooks for DS and DD, will now be buying something specific for family members each month :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    It's never too early to start thinking about Christmas - it's my favourite time of year
    :xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:

Depending how organised I am, I make up an advent for my girls. This year, I want to do a miniature alcohol and chocolate advent so have been looking at empty bottles that I can fill, compared with ready bottled ones, to see what would work out cheaper.

I will start buying gifts in August, with mum first as she is easy to buy for. I tend to give the girls money but they also have some secret presents as well, although no idea what yet as they pretty much have what they want.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure