IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

What to do if an IPC AND BPA member?

Hi, I received an NTK from Millenium Parking Services (MPS), I have read all of the newbie thread and have followed the advice to send the email template appeal for IPC members. MPS basically rejected the appeal with what looks like their own template reply stating that i'm entitled to appeal to the IAS. I've followed the advice here and have not done anything else but have now received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus for a much higher amount. Looking into the case a bit more I have only just noticed MPS is also a member of the BPA, but I find you have no advice for a member of both the IPC and BPA only one or the other... So what should I do now: Send the BPA appeal template? Request a POPLA code? Send a firm letter to DRP / PPC? Ignore all letters from DRP? Or something else?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    They are only a member of the IPC AOS (to enable them access to the DVLA for your data). They might well be a BPA corporate member.

AOS member - roundel logo.

ASP.png

Corporate member - oblong logo.

share-logo.png
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I have only just noticed MPS is also a member of the BPA, but I find you have no advice for a member of both the IPC and BPA only one or the other..

That's because no parking firm is an AOS member of both. They may well be ordinary *members* of the BPA like you could be, if you were daft enough to join them. This has been covered loads of times by Umkomaas (as above, he beat me!) showing the different shape of logo - but none of this matters.
    Ignore all letters from DRP?

Of course. The debt collector 'ignore' advice hasn't changed in a decade. Please don't post about the next 'Zenith' letter ...Google them and Debt Recovery Plus (not to read their own webpages!)

Relax, the NEWBIES trhead tells you there is no next step at boring old debt letters stage.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Just noticed that the IPC now calls them 'Accredited Service Providers' (ASP).

ASP - some kind of venomous snake! How apt! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Coupon-mad
    Jeez, ''service providers''. Next they will be saying drivers are their customers. grrrr.
  • After ignoring several Debt Recovery Plus letters, a couple of Zenith Collection letters and a letter from Gladstones solicitors (letter before claim) I have now received a claim form from the county court business centre with extra costs chucked on for court fee and legal representative costs, so what do I do now? Continue to ignore? I don't want this to effect my credit rating... From advice on here I thought they would go away??
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 26 September 2017 at 8:24PM
    nope, they dont "go away" until 6 years have passed

there are PLENTY of court claim threads from MPS on here , so they definitely "carry on with claims" , so read some of those as well as :-

read and follow POST #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread

first task is to acknowledge the claim (nothing else on that site)

then start drafting your defence and post it on here for critique

**** DO NOT IGNORE ****
  • Umkomaas
    From advice on here I thought they would go away??
    A number of years ago, maybe. We've always advised to be alert for a LBCCC or court papers and not to ignore these. As the PPC has always had 6 years in which to pursue you, no one would ever be able to guarantee it would be over be fore then end of that period.

So you've now got a court claim you need to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 which will take you through the whole process, including telling you about CCJs and the effect on credit rating. Don't panic - you are totally in control of whether or not you get a credit trashing unsatisfied CCJ - read about it in the sticky.

This is defendable with help from the forum.

• Coupon-mad
    edited 28 September 2017 at 7:03PM
    Wouldn't it be good if there was a section of the NEWBIES FAQS thread that dealt with how to defend a court claim, and even better if it also told people how to respond to a LBC to engage Gladstones in correspondence, to delay any claim.

Too late for the latter (no idea why you ignored a LBCCC) but please read the part in the NEWBIES thread about defending it, if you are prepared to stick around and win this, taking all advice and not assuming they would 'go away' when the NEWBIES thread and all advice on threads, does not for a minute tell you that.

You were ignoring debt letters, that's all. You were never supposed to ignore a LBCCC but at least you haven't ignored the claim...yet you have asked:
    so what do I do now? Continue to ignore?
    No. Please read the NEWBIES thread post #2 and if you follow our advice and don't just grab a defence and run, you can win this stage.

Tell us when you've done the AOS (no asking what that is please, it just proves people haven't read the sticky thread when they ask about acronyms). Then show us your draft defence, we help people all the time but expect a level of reading the forum, not assuming this goes away.
  • Hi, thanks for your help guys, I appreciate you frustration, but also please appreciate that you literally have pages and pages of information and I'm not an expert on this...
    Having said that I'm ready to give this 100%, I'll be doing the MCOL tonight online, I'm assuming I don't need to also send off the AOS section of the claim form they sent me? (no info on this)

After this I'll start my draft and post it up, I'm taking from what I read you'd like me to start a new thread for this?

Thanks again
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    no new thread , stick with this one and alter the thread title if you wish

and its better to have those pages of information for free rather than sweet FA !!

BARGEPOLE gives the overview on what to do , only a fool would ignore his posts , but read a few other court claim threads (maybe a dozen) to get the gist

acknowledgement is done OnLine , that is what OL means in MCOL

nobody is expecting you to be an expert, most people arent, but all we ask is you do the reading and research , then come back with a draft defence , having read other defences, especially the Millenium threads

LOC123 fought back against those sc@mmers, and she is a solicitor, why not read everything she has written on her own court case thread and others that are similar ? - again - not rocket science
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure