Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 23rd Apr 17, 6:59 AM
    • 839Posts
    • 1,170Thanks
    fredandwilma
    One Select - New Energy Company
    • 23rd Apr 17, 6:59 AM
    One Select - New Energy Company 23rd Apr 17 at 6:59 AM
    The Big British Switch is offering me an exclusive offer it says will offer the cheapest Direct Debit tariff for more than half of Great Britain. One Select is another new energy company, incorporated in July 2016. It offers no exit fees and hassle-free customer service.

Quote for me:

Unit rate (p/kWh)

Gas 2.911

Electricity 11.377

Standing Charge (p/day)

Gas 14.333

Electricity 14.333

Values include VAT at 5%

Tariff name - Secure fixed for 12 months.

It's a highly competitive tariff, although still more expensive than my current tariff, so it won't entice me personally, to switch. I wonder if this is the tariff MSE will offer through the CEC, this week?
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
Page 1
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 23rd Apr 17, 8:51 AM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 1,743 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 23rd Apr 17, 8:51 AM
    • 23rd Apr 17, 8:51 AM
    When I input my details, the Big British Switch was showing a huge saving........but then I realised that my current Better Energy gas tariff was incorrect in their calculator!
    By my spreadsheet there would be a saving of ~ £42....but £30 of that would go as exit fees with B.E and I would also lose out on the extra Winter's fix with B.E....so good but no cigar!!

EDIT - Not strictly their fault - the form defaulted to the wrong Better Energy tariff even tho' I selected the correct one -now showing a saving of £45pa which is near enuf to my spreadsheet
    Last edited by brewerdave; 23-04-2017 at 8:57 AM.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 23rd Apr 17, 9:08 AM
    • 3,667 Posts
    • 1,973 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 23rd Apr 17, 9:08 AM
    • 23rd Apr 17, 9:08 AM
    I think that the guys at MSE have learned through experience that if they want a quiet life then they do not offer a collective switch to a supplier that doesn't have a proven track record. Looking at Companies House, this is another recently formed one man band. Does the Company actually have its own website?
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 23rd Apr 17, 9:22 AM
    • 839 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    • 23rd Apr 17, 9:22 AM
    • 23rd Apr 17, 9:22 AM
    I ignore any calculations any comparison site gives me.

It's always more accurate to DIY.

I think that the guys at MSE have learned through experience that if they want a quiet life then they do not offer a collective switch to a supplier that doesn't have a proven track record. Looking at Companies House, this is another recently formed one man band. Does the Company actually have its own website?
    Originally posted by Hengus

Plenty of info on them via various sources as you've said, but there doesn't appear to be a website.

I wonder how you get in touch with them with queries?

I can't find any contact details, anywhere.

Via the Big British Switch?

Details Of Supplier

OneSelect is an energy company with a unique and simple approach. By making sure our customers are aware of their energy consumption we put them in control – helping them to save energy and do their bit for the environment. One Select offers great energy deals at wholesale prices with a fixed fee for the services we provide. This gives you the best pricing possible and lets you know exactly what you’re paying for. By keeping our business costs low and operating mainly online we pass on further savings to you. We also pride ourselves on excellent customer service!
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 23-04-2017 at 9:50 AM. Reason: added info

Carpe diem
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 23rd Apr 17, 9:56 AM
    • 3,667 Posts
    • 1,973 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 23rd Apr 17, 9:56 AM
    • 23rd Apr 17, 9:56 AM

Via the Big British Switch?
    Originally posted by fredandwilma
    But they are part of MyUtilityGenius - an accredited PCW. I cannot see them being interested in a billing query.

Trading would appear to be tough for PCWs at the moment:

Net Worth 2013 - (£636,876) Net Worth 2016 - (£2,006,391) NB: these are minus figures

Source: CompanyCheck - MyUtilityGenius Ltd
    Last edited by Hengus; 23-04-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 23rd Apr 17, 10:01 AM
    • 839 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    • 23rd Apr 17, 10:01 AM
    • 23rd Apr 17, 10:01 AM
    But they are part of MyUtilityGenius - an accredited PCW. I cannot see them being interested in a billing query.

Exactly. The only way to find out, is to switch.

Shame

It seems much information about the company, has been withdrawn from public view, and there is no website, email address, telephone number etc.

It's quite concerning to be offered a tariff from this company, when it's clear there are communication problems from the outset?

I would advise caution to anyone in the same position who is offered this tariff from an accredited PCW.

Trading would appear to be tough for PCWs at the moment:

Net Worth 2013 - (£636,876) Net Worth 2016 - (£2,006,391) NB: these are minus figures

Source: CompanyCheck - MyUtilityGenius Ltd

Last edited by fredandwilma; 23-04-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Carpe diem
    • FullForce
    • By FullForce 23rd Apr 17, 1:50 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    FullForce
    • 23rd Apr 17, 1:50 PM
    • 23rd Apr 17, 1:50 PM
    Exactly. The only way to find out, is to switch.

Shame

It seems much information about the company, has been withdrawn from public view, and there is no website, email address, telephone number etc.

It's quite concerning to be offered a tariff from this company, when it's clear there are communication problems from the outset?

I would advise caution to anyone in the same position who is offered this tariff from an accredited PCW.

Originally posted by fredandwilma
    Yes there is!

http://www.oneselect.co.uk/

282 Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 7NA

Need help? Call 0333 21 25 973

customercare@oneselect.co.uk
    • FullForce
    • By FullForce 23rd Apr 17, 2:14 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    FullForce
    • 23rd Apr 17, 2:14 PM
    • 23rd Apr 17, 2:14 PM
    I think that the guys at MSE have learned through experience that if they want a quiet life then they do not offer a collective switch to a supplier that doesn't have a proven track record. ...
    Last September in their Big Energy Switch Event 5, MSE were promoting Bulb as the cheapest green tariff
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2016/09/new-mse-big-energy-switch-event-5--british-gas-300yr-saving-for-new--existing-customers

Iirc, Bulb only started taking on customers in January of that year.
    • you_llneverwalkalone
    • By you_llneverwalkalone 28th Apr 17, 12:46 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    you_llneverwalkalone
    • 28th Apr 17, 12:46 PM
    • 28th Apr 17, 12:46 PM
    I,ve just done a comparison on energyhelpline.co.uk & these are coming out cheapest of all in manweb area.

Quidco offering £32 cashback for switching through energyhelpline as well.

Tempted...Very tempted!
    • Km0394
    • By Km0394 28th Apr 17, 8:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Km0394
    Anyone used oneselect?
    Hi

I'm looking at oneselect at the minute has any one been or is a customer of theirs?
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 17th May 17, 1:50 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    Coming out as the cheapest for me (but some margin), but can't seem to find any feedback... Anyone have any experience?
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 17th May 17, 2:15 PM
    • 3,202 Posts
    • 1,225 Thanks
    footyguy
    Coming out as the cheapest for me (but some margin), but can't seem to find any feedback... Anyone have any experience?
    Originally posted by beefturnmail
    Can't be that much of a margin - you posted only yesterday to indicate Economy Energy were cheapest for you after taking into account cashback.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5650603

I doubt you'll find anyone with the supplier yet. They only launched less than a month ago and it says switches can take up to 6 weeks.

Good luck!
    Last edited by footyguy; 17-05-2017 at 2:23 PM.
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 17th May 17, 3:53 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    Can't be that much of a margin - you posted only yesterday to indicate Economy Energy were cheapest for you after taking into account cashback

Good luck!
    Originally posted by footyguy

They weren't showing when I did the original comparison prior to yesterday's post. They are coming out (for me) as £30pa cheaper than the next closest option (Npower) This excludes Economy Energy whom I've discarded based on negative feedback - they are £10 cheaper than them, inc cashback.

Though for the sake of £30 I will probably go with NPower, as they are more established.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 17th May 17, 4:09 PM
    • 16,217 Posts
    • 10,355 Thanks
    molerat
    They don't want me as a customer, a bit of post code snobbery going on
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 17th May 17, 4:11 PM
    • 570 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    Check QUIDCO cashback on npower. It is paying more the Cheap Energy Club
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 17th May 17, 4:29 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    Check QUIDCO cashback on npower. It is paying more the Cheap Energy Club
    Originally posted by gsmlnx
    Thanks very much - You're right Quidco cashback appears to be £70 which is very lucrative - not used Quidco before though - is it as simple as money in my bank account like Energy Saving Club?

Also I note the deal expires in 4 days - not yet received the e-mail/letter from my current supplier reminding me my fixed tariff is ending, but I am with the 49 days (ends 30 June). Can I switch now without penalty or, do I have to wait for the e-mail/letter?
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 17th May 17, 5:03 PM
    • 570 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    The letter/email must be sent within the 49 to 42 day left window. After 49 days, exit fees are not permissible.
    Quidco seem alright, my npower cashback is tracking okay. You ask for the money to be sent to your bank account when its available via BACS. If you do the Quidco cashback it will ask for banking details before sending you to npower to sign up.
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 18th May 17, 11:10 AM
    • 577 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    The letter/email must be sent within the 49 to 42 day left window. After 49 days, exit fees are not permissible.
    Originally posted by gsmlnx
    Thanks, so I can switch penalty free now (being less than 49 days from June 30th), wihtout necessarily waiting for the letter/e-mail?

Re Oneselect - they responded to me within 2 hours of my e-mail mesage of whether they supply IGT at no extra cost (they do). Impressive, but of course says nothing about customer service for existing customers
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 18th May 17, 11:17 AM
    • 570 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    Yep you are free to swap.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/simpler-clearer-fairer/fairer-treatment
    You will receive a notice 42-49 days before the end date of your fixed term tariff to inform you that your tariff is coming to an end. Should you choose to switch after this point, suppliers can’t charge you a termination fee.
    Also
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2017/03/regulator-to-quiz-energy-firms-over-exit-fees-after-mse-investigation
    • Mr K
    • By Mr K 19th May 17, 12:39 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 638 Thanks
    Mr K
    I was interested in this company but the the online account function is 'coming soon' and the page where it asks for you banks DD details isn't secure !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

413Posts Today

4,320Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin