Ipad battery drain

Options
hubb
hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
My ipad Air2 has started to loose battery power quickly, even when turned off. I have checked all the usual culprits and turned off in settings, laterst software update, rebooted and still to no avail.

For the life of me I don't understand why it's going so fast. Could it be faulty ? In which case it's going back to Argos even if it was purchased in Jan.

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    mine has just started draining quicker but is about 3 years old
  • hubb
    Options
    Well I am not happy with it as it has supposed to have good battery life. My old ipad 3 is far better at keeping it's life.
  • hubb
    Options
    Argos tell me it's an issue with Apple but as they sold it to me surely the responsibility lies with them ?
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Much easier and simply to go to Apple, they will sort it much easier than argos, Apple customer care is second to none
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    A tablet bought in Jan should not be suffering this way, even with all the background stuff running.
    As mentioned above, get it into the "geniuses" at the apple store. I suspect they will replace it
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Losing power when turned off (do you really mean device turned off or just the screen turned off?) would more likely to be a hardware issue. As as been suggested, going straight to Apple will likely be the easiest option.
  • hubb
    Options
    I have tried finding the apple chat help you used to get but no longer there. It shouldn't be losing a % every 3 or 4 mins should it for just browsing ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 April 2017 at 8:20AM
    Options
    I have the same issue with an iPhone 5s also bought from Argos 17 months ago. So too late for Argos. Will the Apple store be any help as it is still under 2 years old?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    Options
    I have the same issue with an iPhone 5s also bought from Argos 17 months ago. So too late for Argos. Will the Apple store be any help as it is still under 2 years old?
    What do you mean by "too late for Argos'?

The Consumer Rights Act, together with The Limitations Act, gives you up to six years to seek a remedy from the seller - i.e. Argos.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure