IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine from UKPC in Scotland

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    POPLA doesn't apply for a parking event taking place in Scotland.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 April 2017 at 2:02PM
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    POPLA doesn't apply for a parking event taking place in Scotland.

POFA doesn't apply, but PoPLA does surely?

A PoPLA code should have been offered by the scammers with the rejection. If one hasn't been received one by about day 35 you should complainto the BPA.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    POFA doesn't apply, but PoPLA does surely?

A PoPLA code should have been offered by the scammers with the rejection. If one hasn't been received one by about day 35 you should complainto the BPA.

I don't think so. From the POPLA FAQs:
    Can I appeal to POPLA if I have received a Parking Charge Notice for alleged improper parking in Scotland or Northern Ireland?

POPLA can only deal with appeals against Parking Charge Notices for alleged improper parking in England and Wales. We are unable to consider appeals against Parking Charge Notices for alleged improper parking in Scotland or Northern Ireland.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• davidiansteven
    Options

Thanks

That's what I thought from the previous stickies.

I'll try my powers of persuasion with McD's
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Thanks

That's what I thought from the previous stickies.

I'll try my powers of persuasion with McD's
    Tell him that unless he helps, you will be eating far more healthily in future! :cool:

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

OK, thanks for the clarification. I shall file that away in the brainbox for future reference.

So, no independant appeal available outside E & W. It's an even bigger sham than I had realised.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • davidiansteven
    Options
    Hello a quick update I have been told by the McDonalds staff that they no longer have the power to instruct any cancellations of parking tickets.

Does this apply only in Scotland or the UK as whole or is this a smokescreen to stop me phoning again?

Any information gratefully received!
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Standard fob-off line, not restricted to Scotland. Commonly known south of the border (and in many other countries) as BS!

• davidiansteven
    Options
    Standard fob-off line, not restricted to Scotland. Commonly known south of the border (and in many other countries) as BS!

Thank you for that, I'll try again, this time I'll be more forceful (but polite!)
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello a quick update I have been told by the McDonalds staff that they no longer have the power to instruct any cancellations of parking tickets.

Does this apply only in Scotland or the UK as whole or is this a smokescreen to stop me phoning again?

Any information gratefully received!

McD's staff are only limited to serving a McD breakfust muffin with a mouldy egg ?

Recent events about UKPC show that HMRC have a winding up petition against them

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/ukpc-winding-up-order.html

This was presented on 21 March 2017 by the COMMISSIONERS FOR HM REVENUE AND CUSTOMS

Could be that soon UKPC will be up the McDUFF anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport