Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davidiansteven
    • By davidiansteven 14th Apr 17, 10:55 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    davidiansteven
    Parking fine from UKPC in Scotland
    • 14th Apr 17, 10:55 AM
    Parking fine from UKPC in Scotland 14th Apr 17 at 10:55 AM
    Hello Forumites, I am looking for some advice from the people who have the knowledge on these ridiculous, thieving chancers that run these scams.

I had a notice of a fine from UKPC in a McDonalds car park in Scotland, it was a 90 minute limit and I had parked from early morning ~6am for around 2 hours whilst buying my breakfast and catching up with emails in the restaurant. I drive a company car.

I hold my hands up to say I had used the car park several times before and had never noticed the signs about the restrictions and it was always early in the morning (6am) whenever I was there, so it was deserted and dark.

I got onto this forum looked up the stickies regarding Scotland and company cars then taking the advice in there I appealed to UKPC through their website. Stating that I was a McDonalds customer, I told them I was using their facilities , that the car park was empty and I was using that site to go to the local retail park.

You will not be surprised to know that after 'careful consideration' of about 90 minutes they emailed back to say my appeal had been rejected.

I now have 14 days to pay the 'fine'.

They now have my name and email address.

What do I do, ignore it or pay or something else?

I know the laws in Scotland are different in England. My company is based in England but I live in Scotland.

Any advice would be really appreciated, thanks.
Page 2
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 25th Apr 17, 10:57 AM
    • 6,468 Posts
    • 8,290 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hello a quick update I have been told by the McDonalds staff that they no longer have the power to instruct any cancellations of parking tickets.

Does this apply only in Scotland or the UK as whole or is this a smokescreen to stop me phoning again?

Any information gratefully received!
    Originally posted by davidiansteven
    McD's staff are only limited to serving a McD breakfust muffin with a mouldy egg ?

Recent events about UKPC show that HMRC have a winding up petition against them

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/ukpc-winding-up-order.html

This was presented on 21 March 2017 by the COMMISSIONERS FOR HM REVENUE AND CUSTOMS

Could be that soon UKPC will be up the McDUFF anyway
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • davidiansteven
    • By davidiansteven 25th Apr 17, 6:16 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    davidiansteven
    Thanks beamerguy, in light of that I don't think I'll be paying the 'fine'
    • Scotdot
    • By Scotdot 4th Dec 17, 12:37 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Scotdot
    Outcome?
    Can I ask what the outcome was of this case please?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 4th Dec 17, 1:59 AM
    • 7,930 Posts
    • 8,036 Thanks
    pogofish
    Can I ask what the outcome was of this case please?
    Originally posted by Scotdot
    Please don't..!

You clearly agreed not to hijack old threads as part of your signup.

Instead, please read the Scotland-specific advice in the Newbies Sticky. That is always kept up to date.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,464Posts Today

7,301Users online

Martin's Twitter