Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • actionmainly
    • By actionmainly 17th Mar 17, 7:33 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    actionmainly
    Mis-sold solar panel reclaiming fees
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:33 PM
    Mis-sold solar panel reclaiming fees 17th Mar 17 at 7:33 PM
    Hello,

Just looking to see if anyone has any experience with mis-sold solar panel re-claiming. I have been in contact with a company TLW Solicitors who deal with such claims. Irrespective of the validity of my claim, I was looking to get anyone's opinion/experience of the no win no fee offer.

I have a 10 year finance deal with the total amount of credit costing £17,058. I am just about half way through paying for this. The basis of my claim is due to pressure selling and being told that the panels would be self funding when in fact the closest they have came to being self funding in 5 years is about £50 short for a quarter and as much as £400 short during winter. Never have the panels actually been self funding.

That aside the company TLW state that they take 30% of any amount of cash sum or financial benefit won in a successful claim plus VAT. Assuming a cash sum was awarded then that would be fine because they just deduct the 30% from the total amount won. Its the "financial benefit" bit that I am concerned about. In a worst case scenario where the finance company only agree to cancel my remaining finance and do not offer any compensation for the amount paid thus far and given that I am half way though my agreement and still owe £8529 that would mean I owe the solicitors 30% of that plus VAT which comes to around £3000. That would of course be a hefty bill and I am just wondering first if anyone has had a similar experience or have I likely got this completely wrong?

I'm beginning to think the re-claiming is as big as scam as the mis-selling?
    Last edited by actionmainly; 17-03-2017 at 7:34 PM. Reason: typo
Page 1
    • societys child
    • By societys child 18th Mar 17, 1:22 PM
    • 4,086 Posts
    • 4,188 Thanks
    societys child
    • 18th Mar 17, 1:22 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 1:22 PM
    Probably far worse.

• JamesJ35mm
    • By JamesJ35mm 10th Apr 17, 2:46 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    JamesJ35mm
    • 10th Apr 17, 2:46 PM
    • 10th Apr 17, 2:46 PM
    Hello,

Just looking to see if anyone has any experience with mis-sold solar panel re-claiming. I have been in contact with a company TLW Solicitors who deal with such claims. Irrespective of the validity of my claim, I was looking to get anyone's opinion/experience of the no win no fee offer.

I have a 10 year finance deal with the total amount of credit costing £17,058. I am just about half way through paying for this. The basis of my claim is due to pressure selling and being told that the panels would be self funding when in fact the closest they have came to being self funding in 5 years is about £50 short for a quarter and as much as £400 short during winter. Never have the panels actually been self funding.

That aside the company TLW state that they take 30% of any amount of cash sum or financial benefit won in a successful claim plus VAT. Assuming a cash sum was awarded then that would be fine because they just deduct the 30% from the total amount won. Its the "financial benefit" bit that I am concerned about. In a worst case scenario where the finance company only agree to cancel my remaining finance and do not offer any compensation for the amount paid thus far and given that I am half way though my agreement and still owe £8529 that would mean I owe the solicitors 30% of that plus VAT which comes to around £3000. That would of course be a hefty bill and I am just wondering first if anyone has had a similar experience or have I likely got this completely wrong?

Originally posted by actionmainly
    My father in law was in a similar situation, he was told his panels would pay for themselves and that the company would sort out the fit payments etc but they never did. He started his claim about a year ago and has only just had it sorted out now. In the end they got the outstanding finance written off which was around £10k but he had to pay £3k. It hurt him to pay the fee but he's still £7,000 better off.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

603Posts Today

5,830Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Off to Torremolinos? I'm filming my roadshow there next Fri 28th during the day then in Branigans at 5pm. Want to come? Let @itvmlshow know

• Follow Martin