£1000 overdraft bank change

Options
hey, I currently have a £1000 overdraft with my current account with Yorkshire bank and am looking to change to another bank. Is it possible to change with such a large overdraft and which would be the best bank to go with. I currently pay £30-£40 for my bank charges.
thanks.

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pay off the overdraft and live within your means, then you'll be able to switch to whoever you like.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Peter655 wrote: »
    Is it possible to change with such a large overdraft and which would be the best bank to go with.
    There's no way of telling which bank, if any, would offer you a £1,000 overdraft as a new customer - you could apply to one or two but you'd need to be wary of the effect on your credit files of repeated searches, especially in the context of already carrying a debt in this way, so the previous post is a better route to follow....

And/or read http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/cut-loan-overdraft-costs for other ideas including money transfer cards, although these are also subject to eligibility so shouldn't be seen as an automatic right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure