Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Peter655
    • By Peter655 17th Mar 17, 12:56 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Peter655
    £1000 overdraft bank change
    • 17th Mar 17, 12:56 PM
    £1000 overdraft bank change 17th Mar 17 at 12:56 PM
    hey, I currently have a £1000 overdraft with my current account with Yorkshire bank and am looking to change to another bank. Is it possible to change with such a large overdraft and which would be the best bank to go with. I currently pay £30-£40 for my bank charges.
    thanks.
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 17th Mar 17, 1:17 PM
    • 18,188 Posts
    • 13,877 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:17 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 1:17 PM
    Pay off the overdraft and live within your means, then you'll be able to switch to whoever you like.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 17th Mar 17, 2:02 PM
    • 5,332 Posts
    • 5,083 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 17th Mar 17, 2:02 PM
    • 17th Mar 17, 2:02 PM
    Is it possible to change with such a large overdraft and which would be the best bank to go with.
    Originally posted by Peter655
    There's no way of telling which bank, if any, would offer you a £1,000 overdraft as a new customer - you could apply to one or two but you'd need to be wary of the effect on your credit files of repeated searches, especially in the context of already carrying a debt in this way, so the previous post is a better route to follow....

And/or read http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/cut-loan-overdraft-costs for other ideas including money transfer cards, although these are also subject to eligibility so shouldn't be seen as an automatic right.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

224Posts Today

3,208Users online

Martin's Twitter