Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cullengirl
    • By cullengirl 17th Mar 17, 7:10 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 3Thanks
    cullengirl
    Anybody have any idea
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:10 AM
    Anybody have any idea 17th Mar 17 at 7:10 AM
    Hi everyone I'm hoping someone can help. We are currently selling our house and the buyers solicitors have asked for a copies of a couple of forms but I'm stumped. I don't have them. I don't know where to even start trying to get them. Anybody have any idea. They are forms s106 and s.87 thanks xx
Page 1
    • ComicGeek
    • By ComicGeek 17th Mar 17, 7:29 AM
    • 188 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    ComicGeek
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:29 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:29 AM
    Is it a fairly new house then? S106 is the legal agreement with the local authority relating to planning consent, and I believe S78 is planning consent achieved on appeal. You should be able to get copies from your local authority website in the planning application search webpage - type in your address and you should be able to find the documents. Failing that, phone up the planning department and ask them.
    • glasgowdan
    • By glasgowdan 17th Mar 17, 7:45 AM
    • 2,420 Posts
    • 2,708 Thanks
    glasgowdan
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:45 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:45 AM
    Don't you have a solicitor to handle the sale?
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 17th Mar 17, 8:27 AM
    • 5,802 Posts
    • 5,550 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 17th Mar 17, 8:27 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 8:27 AM
    If you don't have them then you can't go far wrong by answering "I don't have them". Their move.

However, unless you're doing your own conveyancing then this is the sort of thing your solicitor should be able to sort out for you.
    • cullengirl
    • By cullengirl 17th Mar 17, 9:09 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    cullengirl
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:09 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:09 AM
    Hi there thanks for your replies. Yes my house is fairly new and yes we are using a solicitor. Our solicitor sent the enquiries to us to answer!! I'll speak to our local council to see if I can get hold of copies
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 17th Mar 17, 9:19 AM
    • 5,802 Posts
    • 5,550 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:19 AM
    • 17th Mar 17, 9:19 AM
    I'll speak to our local council to see if I can get hold of copies
    Originally posted by cullengirl
    Speak to your solicitor first - they should be doing the running around (and know the quickest way of getting them, or whether you should be telling the buyer they don't whatever nonsense they're asking for).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,095Posts Today

7,049Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• Follow Martin