Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • flamin_galah
    • By flamin_galah 16th Mar 17, 7:54 PM
    • 53Posts
    • 8Thanks
    flamin_galah
    Clarification on 2 child Tax Credit limit
    • 16th Mar 17, 7:54 PM
    Clarification on 2 child Tax Credit limit 16th Mar 17 at 7:54 PM
    I've tried searching for the answer to this but it doesn't seem to be clear. Unless I'm not searching well enough.

We get tax credits for three children currently, two of whom are leaving education this summer, so will no longer be on the claim. The third is a baby and will be the only one left on the claim come September. If we were to have another baby in a year or so (it will definitely be after September now, as dates would go), would we get tax credits for two children, or just the existing baby? As we'd be under the two child rule at that time, but will have previously claimed for more.
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 16th Mar 17, 8:03 PM
    • 4,182 Posts
    • 2,669 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:03 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:03 PM
    When the older kids drop off, the younger ones would start to be entitled.
    • flamin_galah
    • By flamin_galah 18th Mar 17, 12:13 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    flamin_galah
    • 18th Mar 17, 12:13 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 12:13 PM
    Okay, thanks for the reply.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,140Posts Today

6,318Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin