Re-lay large expanse of block paving

I know that people have small areas of block paving re-layed to avoid dips and puddles, but I need a complete area re-layed because the movement over 20 years has been substantia.

Would a block layer raise and relay the existing blocks (perhaps with some new cuts) or would he be required to start with new blocks? Please , what would be the price per metre for re-laying the existing?
I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    if it has moved laterally has the boundary failed?
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    if it has moved laterally has the boundary failed?

Thank you. Most of the boundary is bound by the house, a conservatory and a wall so lateral movement is unlikely. There may be some lateral movement towards the minor aspect, but mostly the level has declined or inclined. It is a patio in effect so cars are not driven over this area.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    If the blocks are good sounds like a lift, level replace should be fine.

Might be worth considering a serious clean before the lift, unless there are better ways to do it.

should come up like new.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    If the blocks are good sounds like a lift, level replace should be fine.

As long as the blocks have been bedded down on sand rather than a mortar mix, lifting should be OK. Any blocks on the edging will probably have been bedded in mortar, so these might need to be replaced.

If the OP wants to save a bit of money, he could lift, clean, and stack the blocks ready for a paver to relay them.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure