September holidays

Options
Do September holidays tend to be cheaper for budget places such as Greece and Spain?

We are on a tight budget and really fancy a hot weather holiday around this time. Can anybody suggest any locations which are cheap flying from UK with nice weather in September?

Cheers:D

Comments

• ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    September remains fairly expensive in most of the Med, as it's a popular time to go for many people. As the month progresses, the weather starts to get more unreliable, and some countries, in particular parts of Greece have a shorter season than others. Mainland Spain and the Balearics could throw up some bargains, but are far more popular this year due to Egypt, Tunisia and to some extent Turkey being shunned. As you are on a budget, I would look at places like Benidorm, Torremolinos etc which have a huge supply of accommodation of all types. You would be very unlucky to get consistent bad weather in September, particularly towards the beginning of the month.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    September has a demand profile from people who like a holiday when the children have gone back to school and before X Factor/ Strictly etc gets going on the TV, so cheaper than the main peak of July.

Look at ryanair flights to Reus and staying near to Salou.

Ryanair has more flights to Greece, look at possibilities from a nearby UK airport.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Moneygrabber89
    Options
    Considered morrocco like. Thinking just book a holiday in at work for like 10th till 17th and just book anywhere night before
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Considered morrocco like. Thinking just book a holiday in at work for like 10th till 17th and just book anywhere night before

I personally wouldn't risk doing this.

The days of last-minute minute bargains are long gone.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We went to Cyprus last September, it was no cheaper than when we normally go in July.
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been searching holidays in Tenerife/Lanzarote for September. Prices are much higher than last September. No doubt for the reasons stated by Ibizafan in a previous post.

I have booked at a price I am reasonably happy with.
  • Blue264
    Blue264 Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    Options
    Do September holidays tend to be cheaper for budget places such as Greece and Spain?
    No. As ibizafan fan, said the terrorism threat is a big factor, but the main one is that many Eurpopean countries have school summer holidays that extend into September, including Greece (9 Sept) and Spain (19 Sept). Then later in the month, some countries are beginning their Autumn break school holidays, such as Norway.

https://www.schoolholidayseurope.eu/
  • Moneygrabber89
    Options
    Kos it is :)

300 for 8 nights flying from Manchester stopping in 4 star hotel with good flight times. Pretty happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure