IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine letter - don't own the car anymore

Options
Hi all,

Hoping for some specific advice regarding the two letters I've received from DRP, I've looked at the various stickes and advice but I think I need something a bit more specific.

I've had two letters through which refer to two seperate fines from 2014. I no longer own the vechicle in question and have never had anything directly from G2 Ltd regarding these fines. I did update my address when we moved house with the DVLA, tho i'm not 100% sure when I did this and if there were any orginal letters they may have come through at my old address after we finished getting our post re-directed.

Would my first action to be to contact G2 Ltd directly for some information and 'proof' of fine?

I'm now getting threatened with court and have found these forums helpful just not 100% sure where to start.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    don't own the car anymore
    = irrelevant.
    Would my first action to be to contact G24 Ltd directly for some information and 'proof' of fine?
    No, G24 never sue anyone so ignore them unless they break the habit of a lifetime...come back if you get court papers. Don't take Debt letters seriously, do not ring them nor contact any party at all. IGNORE really does mean yes, it is OK to ignore:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

G24 are a joke:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/G24.html

See the number of court claims? Count 'em!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Zhonatop
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to respond, and for correcting my G2/G24 mistake!

I think I just needed a bit of reassurance that it really was ok to keep ignoring them, when they start mentioning court it's easy to get a bit twitchy, but looking at that link, yeah got it.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    when they start mentioning court it's easy to get a bit twitchy,
    And why they continue to bluff about it, and why many stump up on seeing the term 'court'; they confuse it with the criminal court and think they're going to be 'in trouble'.

But the reality is that it's little more than a discussion about an alleged debt, with the arbitrator (a qualified judge) deciding whether it needs to be paid or not. There'll be no 'take him/her down' at the end of it! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport