Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • M200
    • By M200 5th Mar 17, 11:08 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    M200
    Private PCN issued while in England, car registered to Northern Ireland??
    • 5th Mar 17, 11:08 AM
    Private PCN issued while in England, car registered to Northern Ireland?? 5th Mar 17 at 11:08 AM
    Ive been issued a private PCN while in England, the car is registered to Northern Ireland however, so if my understanding is right POFA has no bearing me? Is this correct?
    Should I just ignore it?
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 17, 12:53 AM
    • 45,245 Posts
    • 57,905 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Mar 17, 12:53 AM
    • 6th Mar 17, 12:53 AM
    Probably best ignoring it unless it's one that is from a BPA member where it is EASY for a registered keeper to win at POPLA (e.g. Highview, Britannia, Civil Enforcement, Smart Parking). You would still get offered POPLA (despite where you live) which I would do if it's a very easy BPA member to beat.

Which PPC?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 6th Mar 17, 4:12 AM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 2,052 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 6th Mar 17, 4:12 AM
    • 6th Mar 17, 4:12 AM
    so if my understanding is right POFA has no bearing me?
    POFA relates to the location of the car park so it would apply IF the PPC is one that uses it e.g. ParkingEye. A lot don't.

You'll get letters asking you to pay and they may actually say the Keeper is liable but to enforce their demands they have to take you to court - one that is local to you in NI. The cost of doing this is so far been uneconomic hence the suggestion

Probably best ignoring it unless it's one that is from a BPA member where it is EASY for a registered keeper to win at POPLA
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.
    • M200
    • By M200 15th Mar 17, 12:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    M200
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:30 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:30 PM
    Cheers for the help so far guys. Its from Highview, Ive just ignored it so far, they've now sent a second letter out.
    Im now trying to weigh up the risk of Ignoring it to the hassle involved of challenging it.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 12:32 PM
    • 45,245 Posts
    • 57,905 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:32 PM
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:32 PM
    Cheers for the help so far guys. Its from Highview, Ive just ignored it so far, they've now sent a second letter out.
    Im now trying to weigh up the risk of Ignoring it to the hassle involved of challenging it.
    Originally posted by M200
    No risks with Highview, they are so tame and can't hold keepers liable even in England. Do not contact them unless you want to appeal as keeper and ask for a POPLA code & do that (they are a cinch to beat). You could see this off, everyone does at POPLA v Highview, then it's cancelled.

No worries AT ALL. DO NOT say who was driving in the online appeal, choose 'I was not the driver or the PCN was not properly issued' (second choice). Use the template from the NEWBIES thread or this one that worked in 2 hours flat:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5612169

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-03-2017 at 12:35 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

99Posts Today

1,552Users online

Martin's Twitter