IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private PCN issued while in England, car registered to Northern Ireland??

Ive been issued a private PCN while in England, the car is registered to Northern Ireland however, so if my understanding is right POFA has no bearing me? Is this correct?
Should I just ignore it?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Probably best ignoring it unless it's one that is from a BPA member where it is EASY for a registered keeper to win at POPLA (e.g. Highview, Britannia, Civil Enforcement, Smart Parking). You would still get offered POPLA (despite where you live) which I would do if it's a very easy BPA member to beat.

Which PPC?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    so if my understanding is right POFA has no bearing me?

POFA relates to the location of the car park so it would apply IF the PPC is one that uses it e.g. ParkingEye. A lot don't.

You'll get letters asking you to pay and they may actually say the Keeper is liable but to enforce their demands they have to take you to court - one that is local to you in NI. The cost of doing this is so far been uneconomic hence the suggestion
    Probably best ignoring it unless it's one that is from a BPA member where it is EASY for a registered keeper to win at POPLA
  • M200
    M200 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Cheers for the help so far guys. Its from Highview, Ive just ignored it so far, they've now sent a second letter out.
    Im now trying to weigh up the risk of Ignoring it to the hassle involved of challenging it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2017 at 1:35PM
    M200 wrote: »
    Cheers for the help so far guys. Its from Highview, Ive just ignored it so far, they've now sent a second letter out.
    Im now trying to weigh up the risk of Ignoring it to the hassle involved of challenging it.

No risks with Highview, they are so tame and can't hold keepers liable even in England. Do not contact them unless you want to appeal as keeper and ask for a POPLA code & do that (they are a cinch to beat). You could see this off, everyone does at POPLA v Highview, then it's cancelled.

No worries AT ALL. DO NOT say who was driving in the online appeal, choose 'I was not the driver or the PCN was not properly issued' (second choice). Use the template from the NEWBIES thread or this one that worked in 2 hours flat:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5612169

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi

Could you let me know how this turned out for you please? On holidays in London and this has just happened to us. I'd rented a guy's space through JustPark but was in the wrong location and have received a PCN from a private company.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport