Driving to France? Check if you need a new emissions sticker to avoid a fine

Options

Comments

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Coming soon for Lille (voted a month ago), Toulouse soon, Strasbourg from September ...
  • GeorgeHerts
    Options
    I've had my H registration car converted to run on propane (LPG), which is low carbon. Can I get this to affect my Crit'Air rating?

London UK won't acknowledge it for its Low Emissions zone, unless the LPG system was installed when the car was built (mine is after-market). Why?

Geo.
  • Goldenyears
    Goldenyears Posts: 314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In Germany for their Green Sticker system it is possible to get once in Germany at one of their equivalent "MoT" stations if you have the registration document with you. Wonder why not in France? Still much more convenient to do it online though.
  • arles417
    arles417 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll be travelling through Lyon in May on route to Provence. I wont be stopping off there but l'Autoroute du Soleil (A7) and the A6 runs straight through the centre.
    Does anyone know if I need one of these stickers for my 1995 motorhome?
    Graham
  • kuba
    kuba Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder how you can get such sticker for the car which is not yours (leased) and you do not have V5C for it?
  • Apodemus
    Apodemus Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    arles417 wrote: »
    I'll be travelling through Lyon in May on route to Provence. I wont be stopping off there but l'Autoroute du Soleil (A7) and the A6 runs straight through the centre.
    Does anyone know if I need one of these stickers for my 1995 motorhome?
    Graham

I reckoned I would get one just in case. There is a bend there in Lyon where a couple of times I have got stuck in the wrong lane and ended up off the Autoroute by mistake!

To me it's a bit like the Dart Charge, from 600 miles away how are you expected to know in advance about such a charge, and in amongst the high-sided vehicles it would be very easy to miss, or not understand the couple of signs. Consistency is needed on our roads so that a reasonable person can be expected to know the rules, not random conditions that apply differently in different places. [/Rant] :)
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We should also fine Johnny Frenchman 50 BRITISH GROATS - if he fails to display an "I love BREXIT" sticker in the front left hand window of their cars - at an exact distance of 7 3/16 inches from the edge of the glass !!
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Apodemus wrote: »
    I reckoned I would get one just in case. There is a bend there in Lyon where a couple of times I have got stuck in the wrong lane and ended up off the Autoroute by mistake!

It's a very small area of central Lyon.
    zone.jpg
    To me it's a bit like the Dart Charge, from 600 miles away how are you expected to know in advance about such a charge, and in amongst the high-sided vehicles it would be very easy to miss, or not understand the couple of signs. Consistency is needed on our roads so that a reasonable person can be expected to know the rules, not random conditions that apply differently in different places. [/Rant] :)
    Well, given that there's enough bloody huge signs each side, and the Dartford Crossing has been charging since it opened in 1963...
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Well, given that there's enough bloody huge signs each side, and the Dartford Crossing has been charging since it opened in 1963...

1963! Surely its been paid for by now?
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    Johno100 wrote: »
    1963! Surely its been paid for by now?
    What's that got to do with anything?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories