IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

APCOA Luton Airport Car park Successful Apeal

Options
Hello,

First of all, thank you all for your precious information's.

I'm a car park user, paying monthly for that. I work at Luton Airport. And pay almost 45£ a month.
I'm a foreigner, so please do forgive my poor English.
After getting 2 tickets from them (APCOA) for not showing clearly the car park permit (it drop from windscreen do the floor of the car), one day after the other... APCOA after my honest appeal (I thought it was easypeasy) decided that I had to pay the tickets. I told them on the first appeal, the truth, with the ice on the car etc, the paper just drop to the floor. They couldn't care less, and told me PAY. After that, I came across this tread, and luckily there was never an assumed driver of the car.

I made my appeal for POPLA following your "lessons", and was consider:

"As such, I must allow the appeal on the basis that the operator has failed to demonstrate that the appellant is the driver and therefore liable for the charge. As I am allowing the appeal on this basis, I do not need to consider the other grounds of appeal raised by the appellant. Accordingly, I must allow this appeal"

That's it guys. Thank you so much!!!

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Frade wrote: »
    Hello,

First of all, thank you all for your precious information's.

I'm a car park user, paying monthly for that. I work at Luton Airport. And pay almost 45£ a month.
    I'm a foreigner, so please do forgive my poor English.
    After getting 2 tickets from them (APCOA) for not showing clearly the car park permit (it drop from windscreen do the floor of the car), one day after the other... APCOA after my honest appeal (I thought it was easypeasy) decided that I had to pay the tickets. I told them on the first appeal, the truth, with the ice on the car etc, the paper just drop to the floor. They couldn't care less, and told me PAY. After that, I came across this tread, and luckily there was never an assumed driver of the car.

I made my appeal for POPLA following your "lessons", and was consider:

"As such, I must allow the appeal on the basis that the operator has failed to demonstrate that the appellant is the driver and therefore liable for the charge. As I am allowing the appeal on this basis, I do not need to consider the other grounds of appeal raised by the appellant. Accordingly, I must allow this appeal"

That's it guys. Thank you so much!!!

Well done. Please would you also put a copy of your post in the POPLA Decisions thread for others to see.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    well done , never tell them the drivers details , as you found out

if they used an electronic list of vehicles with permits (called a "whitelist") they wouldnt have this problem, but then they could not try to sc@m people either
  • Frade
    Options
    Done buddy!

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business