I received an order from very despite fact I cancelled it?

Options
Hello everyone.

I recieved an order from Very today for a Playstation VR which I had cancelled ages ago, they had refunded it for me an i recieved that on 16th, they also dispatched it on the 16th hours AFTER they sent it out.

I was waiting for something else from them so signed and then opened it obviously, what am I supposed to do now? According to Unsolicited Goods an Regulations Act I should be allowed to keep this but I also feel bad about that?
Also in a sense, when they cancelled it an refunded me, they cancelled the contract between me and them for that item, so with the contract between us both now terminated, I shouldn't be obgligated to return it should i?

Any input is appreciated as I've no idea !!!!!! to do here

Comments

• CrimRain
    Options
    Bumping this.
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is it showing in your orders or transactions?
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Contact them and tell them, they might even realise their mistake a few weeks down the line and ask for it back, then you might be a bit stuck. At least if you tell them what has happened you know where you are. Also, extremely unlikely, but they could say they have no record of it and to keep it.

If (when) they ask you to return it they will provide you with a returns label, just make sure you get proof that you have posted it. Someone that disorganised may end up with no record of it's return.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It was clearly sent out before the cancellation went through all the relevant departments being as it was despatched on the same day as your refund was requested.

There is only one answer and that is to return it to Very.

I would think its theft if you have kept it and have no intention of paying them for it.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • foxtrotoscar_2
    Options
    It's not unsolicited goods by definition so you cannot keep them. You placed an order and cancelled it and subsequently it was sent in error.
  • CrimRain
    CrimRain Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    The anger I have now for Very is impossible to describe.

I've been trying to find out how to return it, might sound dumb but I don't know how or what the process is, I've never had to return anything before.

I was originally waiting for a different item, so expecting that item when delivery person came I signed for it, opened the box an that's how I seen it was the item I cancelled, I obviously don't have that box as let's be honest we all pretty much tear away at the cardboard don't we to open it.

I've tried speaking to two people, the first woman was somewhat sympathetic, the second person actually BLAMED ME for having signed for it, I hate to say it but I am not a psychic it was cancelled and refunded I was waiting in for a different item an I didn't expect this to arrive ever, it is more annoying that they've gone put the blame on me when this is all their screw up I do not want it and I want to return it.

What these people don't seem to understand is both I've spoke to have said I'd have to wait 7-14 days for the credit to change back to normal, my next statement is due on 21st of January and they actually expect me to pay any of the extra charges that will be there due to my account being put into the negative by them, I'm happy to pay whatever my normal payment would be, but hell will have to freeze over twice before I ever consider paying them any extra charges for their mistakes.

Their chat support is terrible and their email response is a strange coincidence slow again when I want to sort something out but when they want to solve an issue of their own they reply super fast!!
    I can't seem to organise any kind of return an it's a struggle to save their transcripts sometimes, it mostly just cuts out whatever the last part of the conversation is, but last person I spoke to I couldn't save it as an error came up about there being a glitch on their site an to close my browser which it didn't work so at this time I can't reconnect to speak to anyone else.

Anybody know where I stand? I want to return the item, and I also do not want to pay extra charges for my account balance being over its limit which is their fault just line their pockets with extra money, I just want to carry on paying them as normal and return said item?

Also anyone know how much I could have to pay them next month?
    My normal limit is £750 and my current amount to spend is -£319
    And my balance thing is now at £1070 because of all this nightmare, there's no way I could pay back that entire -£319 if I am forced to, I need money to eat an live an pay essential bills
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Might be worth Facebooking them? Looks like you can put a public comment on their page. Tell them what you have said here, say you don't think it is fair that it will be on your statement even though you cancelled it and it was their mistake etc. The idea is to embarrass them into action.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CrimRain wrote: »
    The anger I have now for Very is impossible to describe.

I've been trying to find out how to return it, might sound dumb but I don't know how or what the process is, I've never had to return anything before.

I was originally waiting for a different item, so expecting that item when delivery person came I signed for it, opened the box an that's how I seen it was the item I cancelled, I obviously don't have that box as let's be honest we all pretty much tear away at the cardboard don't we to open it.

I've tried speaking to two people, the first woman was somewhat sympathetic, the second person actually BLAMED ME for having signed for it, I hate to say it but I am not a psychic it was cancelled and refunded I was waiting in for a different item an I didn't expect this to arrive ever, it is more annoying that they've gone put the blame on me when this is all their screw up I do not want it and I want to return it.

What these people don't seem to understand is both I've spoke to have said I'd have to wait 7-14 days for the credit to change back to normal, my next statement is due on 21st of January and they actually expect me to pay any of the extra charges that will be there due to my account being put into the negative by them, I'm happy to pay whatever my normal payment would be, but hell will have to freeze over twice before I ever consider paying them any extra charges for their mistakes.

Their chat support is terrible and their email response is a strange coincidence slow again when I want to sort something out but when they want to solve an issue of their own they reply super fast!!
    I can't seem to organise any kind of return an it's a struggle to save their transcripts sometimes, it mostly just cuts out whatever the last part of the conversation is, but last person I spoke to I couldn't save it as an error came up about there being a glitch on their site an to close my browser which it didn't work so at this time I can't reconnect to speak to anyone else.

Anybody know where I stand? I want to return the item, and I also do not want to pay extra charges for my account balance being over its limit which is their fault just line their pockets with extra money, I just want to carry on paying them as normal and return said item?

Also anyone know how much I could have to pay them next month?
    My normal limit is £750 and my current amount to spend is -£319
    And my balance thing is now at £1070 because of all this nightmare, there's no way I could pay back that entire -£319 if I am forced to, I need money to eat an live an pay essential bills

Log into your account, hit the returns tab and start the return. Or more simply, use the returns label that is on your delivery note that you received with your parcel.

I have always found their online chat to be great.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure