Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomh05
    • By tomh05 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 7Thanks
    tomh05
    Chip - the automatic savings app
    • 16th Jan 17, 12:21 AM
    Chip - the automatic savings app 16th Jan 17 at 12:21 AM
    As mentioned on the MSE Blog, Chip is an automatic savings service which learns your spending habits and sweeps unused money using a special savings account.
    Of interest to us MSEs, you can get up to 5% interest on savings made with chip - impressive given the current banking climate.You start with 1% interest, and get a percent per referral.

If someone would like to share the love and use my referral code 0GAX93, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: It now appears that the person signing up ALSO gets a 1% bonus or a £10 credit. So even more reason to refer! See getchip (dot) uk/blog/2017/02/06/introducing-free-money-cash-interest/
    Last edited by tomh05; 07-02-2017 at 2:11 PM.
Page 3
    • d0cketts
    • By d0cketts 20th May 17, 4:08 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    d0cketts
    Chip App free £10 (possibly £20!!)
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/team-blog/2016/12/15/get-up-to-5-interest-with-the-app-that-automates-your-saving/

https://getchip.uk/

If you use a referral code and make a manual deposit of £5, you’ll get a free £10! It will take one business day for the free £10 to appear in your account. You can then withdraw the £15 immediately, and the £15 will be deposited into your UK bank account a few days later. For me, it took 3 days to get the £15.

My referral code is Q0K41Z, I'm a "Chip Champion" that means everyone I sign up I get £20 or a 2% interest rate boost, it would be good if someone could tell me if they get £10 or £20 as well.

Note you have to use a referral code to get your free £10
    • Martin_93
    • By Martin_93 22nd May 17, 3:03 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Martin_93
    My code is CA5KRC - 1% interest or £10 cashback.

Thank you for those the use my code.
    Last edited by Martin_93; 22-05-2017 at 3:07 AM.
    • JadeSK
    • By JadeSK 23rd May 17, 10:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JadeSK
    My code is 1MX0I0 if anyone wants to use it.
    • Inez0150
    • By Inez0150 27th May 17, 10:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Inez0150
    Hello I'm new to this and I would be very gratefully if anyone could use my code MCNYVF.
    • Andyhollingtom
    • By Andyhollingtom 31st May 17, 1:13 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Andyhollingtom
    Hi guys
    Just to say I've been using the app for 5 months- very user friendly and a the team always seems really responsive.
    I am a "chip champion" as they call it so if you want to add 1% interest to your acvount and get £10 cash back- use the refereral code PL2ZTG
    • AFK_Matrix
    • By AFK_Matrix 31st May 17, 5:40 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 799 Thanks
    AFK_Matrix
    Hi guys
    Just to say I've been using the app for 5 months- very user friendly and a the team always seems really responsive.
    I am a "chip champion" as they call it so if you want to add 1% interest to your acvount and get £10 cash back- use the refereral code PL2ZTG
    Originally posted by Andyhollingtom
    Just used your code @Andyhollingtom thanks!! If someone would be kind enough to use my code it's ZCGX0E. Thanks!
    • chrisvaldez
    • By chrisvaldez 1st Jun 17, 12:34 PM
    • 304 Posts
    • 442 Thanks
    chrisvaldez
    Hey all! I managed to finally sign up and link my bank account, so here is my referral code! Gets you £10 or a 1% boost on your savings to get you started.

GWWSYP

Thanks!
    • AlexHoulis
    • By AlexHoulis 9th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AlexHoulis
    Chip - Savings App - Limited Time £10 Free Cash Sign Up and £10 Every Person Referred
    Hi everyone! I'm new here so I apologise if I post this in the wrong place. However, I've read through the rules and this seems like the right place to post it, so here we go.

I've recently found this app called Chip. Chip is a savings app that works similar to a bank. It monitors your spending and sees how much you spend each month, it then calculates how much money you can save each month and every week or so it places a small percentage of that money into your Chip account. The app is mainly targeted at students and millennials, as seen by the way it communicates with you via emojis and GIFs.

Chip must be connected with your bank account. It requires read-only access. I was at first hesitant at signing up due to the fact that you have to link accounts, but after further reading I found that it was perfectly safe.

As the app is fairly new, they're trying to attract as many people as possible to it. As of right now for every person you refer, you get £10 when they use your referral code. You actually have the choice between £10 or 1% extra interest. I tend to go with the £10 as I do not have enough money to save to make the interest worth it. I've made £70 in the past 2 days doing this by just sharing my code a few times.

As I am a new user I am unable to post links. However, if you Google "Chip Savings App" you will find legitimate sources reviewing the app, such as BBC. You will also find the website to download the app off of as well as a very useful FAQ that I highly recommend reading.

To make £10 signing up:
    • Download Chip and create an account
    • Once created and your bank account has been linked, deposit £5 (you need a £5 deposit before you get the £10 bonus)
    • When it asks for a referral code, you MUST put one. If you do not put one you will not receive the £10/1% bonus.

If you would like to use my referral code, it is K7HYVG (any referral code will work though!) It may take several days for the £10 to show up, but once it does you can withdraw it along with the £5 you initially put in. If you would then like to remove the app please delete your account first before uninstalling.

I hope this interests people!
    Last edited by AlexHoulis; 09-06-2017 at 10:42 AM. Reason: New user - cannot link.
    • SilverCloud89
    • By SilverCloud89 20th Jun 17, 1:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SilverCloud89
    Hi All,

I've just become a user of Chip so I have only just started! I like the idea of it and its ability to make saving alot more easier so hopefully over the coming weeks/months it will be helping me to save when I forget to!

As with everyone here I can give you a more up to date code to use so that when you start you straight away get either £10 cash bonus or 1% interest rate so please don't forget to use it when you start otherwise you won't be able to add it after - my code is SJLV4S

Thanks in advance - SilverCloud89
    • tdmoor
    • By tdmoor 25th Jun 17, 2:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tdmoor
    Chip App
    Hi everyone,

I was comparing Plum with Chip and decided to go with Chip because I prefer using an app over Facebook messaging.

It's a very smooth and easy sign-up and I had no issues whatsoever. If anyone wants to use my referral code, it's BW1IA2. Using this code will give you either a £10 cash bonus or a 1% interest rate increase!

Thanks,
    Thomas
    • platterfish
    • By platterfish 26th Jun 17, 4:27 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 348 Thanks
    platterfish
    £10 free or extra 1% interest.

Use code Q90S6G
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 26th Jun 17, 6:15 PM
    • 31,864 Posts
    • 37,579 Thanks
    Browntoa
    And all of the posts by the 3 user ids by the persistent thread spammer deleted

Only post once , do not delete your original post and repost ( I can see your deletions )
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Tjwoolnough
    • By Tjwoolnough 29th Jun 17, 12:03 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tjwoolnough
    I just got the referral bonus so wanted to share my code! PLXJ52
    • kertangy
    • By kertangy 18th Jul 17, 9:17 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kertangy
    My code is VLREMR if anyone would like to use it and help both of us out
    • Queenkimmah
    • By Queenkimmah 19th Jul 17, 8:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Queenkimmah
    Wait use my code!! Get your additional 1% on everything you save for a year using 3KEPM4.

Enjoy it! ��
    • John5556
    • By John5556 9th Aug 17, 3:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    John5556
    Hello All
    New to this forum.

Just used the above code.. Thank you for this.

Please use my code as well = 6GHPT2

Thanks
    • Paul9
    • By Paul9 12th Aug 17, 3:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Paul9
    Just joined this app

for 1% interest rate , use this code : 3FDSTT
    • showmethe
    • By showmethe 14th Aug 17, 4:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    showmethe
    Yo guys,

I took a promo code from here a while back so wanted to return the favour now.

My housemate went for an interview with Chip last week and they gave him this promo code to get 3% straight away:

JOBS3

Thought you guys would like it. I've used the app for a while and big fan. Fingers crossed she gets the job too! lol
    • Shuttle0027
    • By Shuttle0027 20th Aug 17, 12:10 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Shuttle0027
    Started to trust these money saving robots with Plum with great success, however Chip has topped that with it's opportunities to gain 1% interest rate (up until 5%) or £10 for referring others.You also get £10 for joining when you use a referral code from someone else.

Great at sneaking a little more into your savings each month, without you missing the money. Modern day version of Finding loose change down the back of the sofa

Very easy to then move that money back into higher interest savings/bank account.

Referral Code: 6JIJXP if anyone wants to give it a go and get £10 for themselves.
    • ryry91
    • By ryry91 21st Aug 17, 8:02 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    ryry91
    I have been looking into these for sometime, couldn't decide if I trusted them enough but with all the good reviews on here I am hoping this is going to help me put a little extra away towards a mortgage!
    Shuttle0027 I have used your referrer code thank you!

My Referrer code is: H8J7UV
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,200Posts Today

6,872Users online

Martin's Twitter