Tomtom GO EOL issue.

Options
I connected my GO to my pc to be told there was un updated map however Tomtom home forced an update which when restarted informs me that my device is now a legacy end of life device and is no longer supported!!!!! !!!!!!.

My issue is I recently purchased 18 months of map updates which are now not available.

I've had no contact from Tomtom any suggestions or workarounds?
Don’t be a can’t, be a can.

Comments

• securityguy
    securityguy Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think TomTom necessarily cut off map updates just because the device itself is not getting software updates, do they?
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The map update option (plus others) is now greyed out.
  • ohreally
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 November 2016 at 7:15PM
    Options
    I found this https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/topic/name/end-of-life#list

Makes no sense whatsoever (plus I have an 8gig card in the memory slot).

Why accept a purchase order for 18 months of updates then decline to have supply of the maps available?
    this may be the perfect opportunity to discover what our new range of navigation products has to offer you

Tomtom can G F'd
  • ohreally
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Am I entitled to a refund for the purchased maps that are now not being supplied?
  • ohreally
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tomtom are stating the following...

"the internal memory required to install these higher quality maps increases every year, it has become clear that some of our earlier generation navigation devices do not have sufficient internal memory to store the latest maps and features"

On the same page...

"you may need to free-up internal memory that is currently used by other content on your device, for example voices and POIs. If there is still not enough space, you have the following options: •Insert an SD memory card to extend the storage space of your device"

Go figure.
  • Moto2
    Moto2 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    I know you paid for them and feel Tomtom should have been sure that your device was okay but they really are a con and generally a waste of money.
    Most roads never substantiality change and we used to get on just fine with changing our paper road atlases and A2Zs when the pages stated falling out .
    Most people can mange just fine when presented with minor road changes such as a new roundabout or junction.
    So If you get a refund, keep it and buy something useful
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Moto2 wrote: »
    Most roads never substantiality change and we used to get on just fine with changing our paper road atlases and A2Zs when the pages stated falling out .
    Most people can mange just fine when presented with minor road changes such as a new roundabout or junction.
    I drove around for years with the original map, rather than pay for updates. You had the odd funny effect, where you appeared to be driving across a farmer's field where there was now a new road, but you soon get back to the original road and it never caused me to get lost once.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure