Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Billy187
    • By Billy187 26th Oct 16, 7:53 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Billy187
    ES Parking Enforcement - Spinningfields - Claim Dismissed at Court
    • 26th Oct 16, 7:53 PM
    ES Parking Enforcement - Spinningfields - Claim Dismissed at Court 26th Oct 16 at 7:53 PM
    Hi guys,

I was in Court this week against ES Parking Enforcement for one of their 'no stopping' nonsense charges in the spinningfields area in Manchester.

The judge had a good laugh at them in the end and their claim was dismissed after a lengthy 2 hour hearing.

I have some good points that will help others who are in a similar issue at the moment so drop me a message if I can help.
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 26th Oct 16, 8:06 PM
    • 6,444 Posts
    • 6,282 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 26th Oct 16, 8:06 PM
    • 26th Oct 16, 8:06 PM
    email the parking prankster with details
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    • 42,754 Posts
    • 55,180 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 26th Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    • 26th Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    It's already known and will be likely to be blogged in good time, I would guess. A 2 hour hearing sounds interesting but you might want to wait a month before telling us more. Nice one!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• hoohoo
    • By hoohoo 26th Oct 16, 10:56 PM
    • 1,628 Posts
    • 2,977 Thanks
    hoohoo
    • 26th Oct 16, 10:56 PM
    • 26th Oct 16, 10:56 PM
    Prankie has blogged this

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/es-parking-enforcement-at-spinningfield.html
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
    • MattNorth
    • By MattNorth 28th Oct 16, 12:16 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    MattNorth
    • 28th Oct 16, 12:16 PM
    • 28th Oct 16, 12:16 PM
    Hi

I've just come to the end (hopefully) of a similar battle with E S Enforcement relating to the Spinningfields area.

I had various correspondence with Gladstones (their appointed Solicitors) before they eventually issued proceedings. I filed a Defence to which they did not reply. The case now stayed and only an order to lift the stay will allow ES Parking to continue with the claim. Very unlikely that they will do so.

I'm happy to answer any questions.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Oct 16, 2:20 PM
    • 11,579 Posts
    • 17,498 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 28th Oct 16, 2:20 PM
    • 28th Oct 16, 2:20 PM
    Hi

I've just come to the end (hopefully) of a similar battle with E S Enforcement relating to the Spinningfields area.

I had various correspondence with Gladstones (their appointed Solicitors) before they eventually issued proceedings. I filed a Defence to which they did not reply. The case now stayed and only an order to lift the stay will allow ES Parking to continue with the claim. Very unlikely that they will do so.

I'm happy to answer any questions.
    Originally posted by MattNorth
    Maybe ESPEL are cottoning on and are no longer prepared to be Gladstoned! Not usual for a PPC to work things out so quickly.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Parking-Prankster
    • By Parking-Prankster 30th Oct 16, 5:34 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,135 Thanks
    Parking-Prankster
    • 30th Oct 16, 5:34 PM
    • 30th Oct 16, 5:34 PM
    Yes please. it seems ES parking are losing a lot of cases over this site and Gladstones are even discontinuing some, so any more details would be a great help to ongoing cases
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
    • yotmon
    • By yotmon 30th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    • 397 Posts
    • 536 Thanks
    yotmon
    • 30th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    • 30th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    It will be good to hear what the judge said in relation to 'stopping offences' as opposed to actual parking contraventions - waiting for update with bated breath......
    • Dot2101
    • By Dot2101 1st Nov 16, 12:42 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Dot2101
    • 1st Nov 16, 12:42 AM
    • 1st Nov 16, 12:42 AM
    I would be interested to hear about this too, I recently received court claim from ES, we were outside a next store on double yellows (engine on) waiting to load goods into the car due to no spaces and heavy goods so wanted to be close... got a fine for not been in an appropriate bay

Appealed but had no reply, also appealed to gladstones who then later claimed they hadn't received my letter (sent evidence that letter was sent) still waiting for a reply. In the meantime I am starting to draft my defense thanks to help from parking prankster but would be interested to hear More about no stopping as I am hoping this will help me later down the line
    • old dinosaur
    • By old dinosaur 2nd Nov 16, 9:22 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    old dinosaur
    Hi Billy
    Please can you send me a few basic details regarding no stopping as have to compile defense by 5th Nov similar vain different location.
    Thanks for any help
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 2nd Nov 16, 10:05 PM
    • 11,579 Posts
    • 17,498 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hi Billy
    Please can you send me a few basic details regarding no stopping as have to compile defense by 5th Nov similar vain different location.
    Thanks for any help
    Originally posted by old dinosaur
    Billy hasn't been back to the forum since he posted this thread on 26/10, so is unlikely to spot this. Don't hold back on your defence waiting for a reply from him here.

Best you can try is to send him a PM which should shoot a notification into his nominated email address to say you're trying to contact him.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• TASHA3101
    • By TASHA3101 29th Nov 16, 11:23 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    TASHA3101
    Hi, I am due in court next month for the same reasons.
    Are you able to share your points
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 29th Nov 16, 2:30 PM
    • 1,059 Posts
    • 1,896 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    It's down to the signage. It's !!!! poor and not capable of forming a contract.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 29th Nov 16, 6:42 PM
    • 11,579 Posts
    • 17,498 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hi, I am due in court next month for the same reasons.
    Are you able to share your points
    Originally posted by TASHA3101
    Read here.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5565176

• TASHA3101
    • By TASHA3101 15th Dec 16, 3:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    TASHA3101
    I won my court case today
    Judge dismissed it for poor signage after 15minutes . They even lied about the size of signs displayed , absolutely disgusting company.
    • Elysander
    • By Elysander 15th Dec 16, 3:36 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    Elysander
    Great news! Was this on the Spinningfields Estate?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Dec 16, 3:41 PM
    • 6,444 Posts
    • 6,282 Thanks
    pappa golf
    nice to see how the IPC check signage before allowing the PPC to operate there ,

I would send the IPC this info , inc the case number and the date , and advise them that they should stop ES from bringing any more cases at this site untill the signage has been inspected by them

meanwhile , elvis has just been spotted jumping on a No 10 bus in Luton .
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 15th Dec 16, 4:27 PM
    • 1,152 Posts
    • 1,472 Thanks
    Castle
    meanwhile , elvis has just been spotted jumping on a No 10 bus in Luton .
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Or a Southern Rail train running on time
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Dec 16, 6:13 PM
    • 42,754 Posts
    • 55,180 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I won my court case today
    Judge dismissed it for poor signage after 15minutes . They even lied about the size of signs displayed , absolutely disgusting company.
    Originally posted by TASHA3101
    Tasha - well done!

Can you please email the Parking Prankster with your 'court report' so others can see exactly what happened - your claim number to quote in future - and how you won? Was yours about arguing 'forbidding signage' like this one? And was your court Manchester as well?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/es-parking-lose-spinningfields-case.html

IamEmanresu was right:

It's down to the signage. It's !!!! poor and not capable of forming a contract.
    Originally posted by IamEmanresu
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-12-2016 at 6:15 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

199Posts Today

1,431Users online

Martin's Twitter