New boiler installation

Options
Hi, we've been having a lot of problems with our boiler recently and have decided to get a new one. Unfortunately the people who had the house before us never had it serviced so even though it is only 5 years old there is no come back against the manufacturer. I've had a quote from a 'friend of a friend' but just wanted to get some advice regarding how good it is. I know I should get more quotes but it was him that came to diagnose the problem and we need it doing soon as we have no heating and hot water and small children in the house.

He's quoted £1800 for a 24kw condensing boiler which is pretty much like for like in terms of pipe work and style of boiler etc. This includes the boiler, magnaclean, flue and system cleanser.

Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks,
Peter.

Comments

• Plumber90
    Plumber90 Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What make and mode of boiler, what location of the country are you in, and when you say system cleanser does that mean power flush?
  • DrPips
    DrPips Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, we're in Derby, it's a Baxi condensing boiler, 24kw and I presume so, that's just what was in the quote.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,527 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd get a manufacturer approved engineer out first for an assessment.

Even a five year old boiler shouldn't fail so spectacularly, unless it has been fitted incorrectly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure