Moving home headache!

Options
I have been a virgin media customer for years so really having to learn fast with what is available.

We have decided what packaged we want - sky q - at our new property (no virgin media available). The current owners are on BT for phone and bb and tv is with sky.

We are currently in the middle of purchasing and hoping for a move in date of 28th Oct or 4th Nov. I was wanting to place an order with sky so we was not sat without bb for weeks with 2 teenagers thinking it is the end of the world. I thought we could put the date back should any delays happen. I understand the warnings of do not order before exchange etc etc but we are happy to take the risk.

I understand it is the bb which takes time to set up and need 2 weeks at least to order beforehand but the sky team have said it will terminate the current owners line.

How do other people arrange to get their services sorted without interrupting the current owners services? They are lovely people but I think disconnecting their line is a step too far:D

Would love some tips from others that have been through this.

Many thanks

xx

Comments

• Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    I would - until you've been given the keys, you're not advised to order as anything else is an intention to move, nothing more. The sellers would be right to block your plans. Get a cheap MiFi for the household to keep you going. In the meantime, find out which of the mobile networks provide the best coverage, you can also use this as a back up if the xDSL goes down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure