Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• eportdave
    • By eportdave 16th Oct 16, 1:53 AM
    • 46Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Help with the 3 main credit reference agencies
    • 16th Oct 16, 1:53 AM
    Help with the 3 main credit reference agencies 16th Oct 16 at 1:53 AM
    I am having a little trouble understanding the 3 main credit agencies, Experian, Equifax and Noodle.
    On Experian there is no debts on there. Just shows that my score is low
    On Equifax it shows 2 debts. i am currently paying these 2 in which i am in a payment plan with, Both are defaults from a few years ago.
    Noddle only shows my CCJ which i am also in a payment plan with.

Why is this the case? Why isnt my CCJ on all 3 agencies? why are the 2 default debts only on Equifax?

Also if i was to apply for a loan for example, would the lender only use 1 referance agentcy or use 2/3?

Thanks all
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 16th Oct 16, 6:17 AM
    • 8,941 Posts
    • 8,744 Thanks
    • 16th Oct 16, 6:17 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 6:17 AM
    Some lenders report to 1, 2 or all 3 CRAs.

Some lenders will use 1, 2 or all 3 CRAs when assessing a new application.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,465Posts Today

6,728Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Bounts seems to have totally shifted its model today. MSE will be investigating exactly what this means and report back next week

• Today's twitter poll: British Summer Time ends Sun as clocks go back at 2am. Would you prefer they didn't (ie lighter eves, darker morns)?

• BBC weather just told us clocks going back means "everyone gets an extra hour's sleep". Hmmm not if you've young children or on nightshift.

• Follow Martin