Help with kitchen pan drawer

Hi all, I have a Howdens kitchen and whilst on the grand scheme of things its not a massive problem, we have a set of two pan drawers and the bottom one has never closed properly which is a bit annoying. Basically it gets stuck at the bottom left of the picture where it rubs slightly against the corner post upon closing, and sticks out around 10mm unless you manually push it all the way closed.

They're all soft close- I took it out in the hope that there would be an easy way of adjusting the drawer front slightly i.e. move it over a couple of mm to the right, but it doesn't seem that obvious to me.

Are there any experts on here who have an ideas in terms of whether these unit fronts are adjustable? I can't go back to the fitter really as it's been quite a while since we had it installed.

Here's a couple of pictures of the offending drawer and thanks in advance for any help.

WP_20161015_16_49_28_Pro_zpsamrqjv4z.jpg

WP_20161015_16_49_38_Pro_zpspbpccaoy.jpg

Comments

• Kiran
    Kiran Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    The adjustment is on the side of the drawers, you've got it in your second photo. It moves the drawer front up and down. You may need to adjust both sides to get it spot on
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • Kiran
    Kiran Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Looking at your picture, the gap on the right hand side looks good so it is probably the corner post which is at fault. Assuming you can't take that off now? If that's yhe case you will probably need to find a happy medium which will put the drawer front out slightly but it will close. If you can get to it to remove the corner post then plane a couple of mm off the back if it won't move over on its own.
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • Excellent thanks. Got the up/down adjustment now which I had missed before when I looked at it, which has helped a little but there doesn't seem to be any left/right adjustment. The grey plastic screw on the left doesn't seem to do anything. Unfortunately the corner post I assume has been glued in place and won't really budge.
  • DavidFx
    DavidFx Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    These drawer boxes are the same as fitted to the older IKEA kitchens.
    See here for how to adjust:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09L7FxTwxRA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family