Error code 20

cornishpasty1
cornishpasty1 Posts: 27,908 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
edited 14 October 2016 at 7:44PM in Compers chat corner
Is anyone else having problems with MSE? It seems intermittent and happens whilst using Firefox or Chrome.

I have checked everything on my computer today as alas I am one of those unfortunates that has a Facebook ban and was getting a bit paranoid :o

forums.moneysavingexpert.com -
Connection failed

Error code 20

The proxy failed to connect to the web server, due to TCP connection timeout.
#StaySafe
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,173 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    That was happening to me yesterday, but fine today.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • diddlydoop
    diddlydoop Posts: 5,271 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Ive had it twice today and think it was 2 or 3 times yesterday so it's not just you
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Yep, been happening all day for me. In both Chrome & IE.
    It's been mentioned on that Site Feedback section as well.
    Frustrating isn't it? Meh!!
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • priorslee
    priorslee Posts: 3,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I had it most of yesterday pm, but then it was OK yesterday evening. Haven't been on MSE for most of today, but had the error again at about 7pm tonight.

I had a brief exchange with MSE Tech on Twitter yesterday, but didn't hear anything further after them saying they were forwarding it on to their server provider to investigate. There were several others on Twitter also asking about it
  • I've had it 10+ times throughout yesterday and 10+ times throughout today. I'm using Safari on an iPad. It's driving me bonkers!! :D
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,837 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    yes, had it on/off all day yesterday & a couple of times today
    in dif browsers,
    I mentioned it on a thread in site feedback yesterday.
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You are not alone... ;)
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • ravernoloo
    ravernoloo Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    I also had it yesterday morning and reported on twitter but because they said they couldn't see any issues and I didn't have any problems since I just assumed it was sorted. It does get you paranoid when you have had the Facebook ban too! (Like me lol)
    Good things come to those who wait!
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I was getting it last night. I would see it when trying the site on my phone through my home broadband connection but it was fine if I connected with my phone using my phone's data.

To me it looks like a problem with the company they use as a proxy/Web accelerator, Incapsula.
  • I've been having the same issue for the last 2 weeks. The only pages I can get to on MSE are the forums. All other pages I get the connection failed error 20 message.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure