Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• bbhangale
    • By bbhangale 9th Oct 16, 6:26 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    UKPC parking charge for Parked displaying a non valid permit
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:26 PM
    UKPC parking charge for Parked displaying a non valid permit 9th Oct 16 at 6:26 PM
    A week ago on my car windscreen found a UKPC parking charge for "Parked displaying a non valid permit". I parked in a bay allocated to another flat tenant in my building and was displaying my parking bay permit.

I have my own bay with a permit in the same building. I parked in the tenant's bay as the tenant was vacating the flat and requested me to provide my parking space for few hours as my parking is inside the building and next to the elevator.

We did not think of exchanging the permit as the parking bays are allocated and it did not occur to us that the permit is specific to bay and parking notice will be given.

I have appealed siting the reason above and awaiting reply.

I found mention of ignoring UK PC notices on the forums so wanted to check. If the appeal is rejected should I pay the fine?
Page 1
    • Autolycus2000
    • By Autolycus2000 9th Oct 16, 6:36 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:36 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 6:36 PM
    So you wanted to check whether to ignore the notice or not, but in the meantime you submitted an appeal - which kind of commits you to the not ignoring option. ;-)

As luck would have it, that's not a problem as the advice here would have been to not ignore it anyway. But from now on I'd suggest that if you want to check something you hold off taking action until you've got the answer.

Did you appeal as the Keeper or as the Driver? Hopefully it was the former and you did not say who the driver was.

If the appeal is rejected you should not pay the charge. What you should do now is is search on here and on for POPLA appeals relating similar cases to yours.

Then, if/when your appeal to UKPC is rejected you should and draft your own appeal to POPLA. Before you submit that appeal post it here for comments and advice.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Oct 16, 8:29 PM
    • 35,832 Posts
    • 72,229 Thanks
    • 9th Oct 16, 8:29 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 8:29 PM
    It is not a fine. It is a speculative invoice from a scammer. UKPC were caught doctoring time stamps on photo' evidence last year.

As you received a windscreen ticket, you appealed too soon, and possibly gave away the driver's details.

What does your lease say about parking? Does it mention permits? If not, why are you displaying one?

Have you asked your landlord to cancel this? The parking company is supposed to be there to stop unauthorised parking, not penalise residents.

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES on what to do next, and also advice on how to deal with any future private parking tickets.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

1,464Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • BBC weather just told us clocks going back means "everyone gets an extra hour's sleep". Hmmm not if you've young children or on nightshift.

• Pension cold callers and misselling ruins lives. This petition is trying to stop them sign if u agree.

• Thank you Microsoft (Tom)

• Follow Martin