PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 4 October 2016

Options

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, a beautiful crisp and shiny day here (so far).

Coxy, I hope it goes well for you today.

I'm going to mess about all day, heaven.

My mum's birthday yesterday, she sounded a bit down when I rang, every day the same as she rarely goes out since becoming her husband's carer, so I texted DS with her number and he rang her, I thought that woukd cheer her up and it did. He is still touring about.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi everyone Good luck to Coxy fingers crossed for her this morning,TA hope things get sorted for your DS she sounds horrendous !!
    Dumpling well done you sound so positive honey you are coming on in leaps and bounds
    Lainey your Mum sounds as though she is enjoying her time with you all,thinking of you Hun xx

Well Tuesday has dawned bright and sunny here in north Kent , fingers crossed it stays this way for a bit longer No heating put on as yet not even nippy in the evening.Longer autumn hopefully means shorter winter.
    NSD today I am eking out the odds and ends of fresh stuff that I have in the hope that I will get to Friday before my first food shop of the month.Nothing urgently required as yet on my shopping list so it should be OK. I have lots of birthdays coming before Christmas (6) so I'm keeping a strict eye on the pennies :)
    Just off to coffee morning with U3A at Dobbies ,costs me nothing as I have a Dobbies card and I get two free hot drinks per month :) a bargain at £10.00 per year plus a discount on various things Far better than points etc I find
    Hope you all have a great day whatever you are doing

Cheers chums

JackieO xxx
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck Coxy
    TA Hope DS has a restful few days off and finds his feet
    Well back to the land of everyday with a bump came home Saturday DS home from 2 weeks with the army then DH off on company business yesterday DS then says can you drop me at the airport on Friday and collect me on Tuesday as i am off to Iceland:eek: so WM has been on constantly and luckily the weather is holding
    Took mum to the consultant yesterday and stopped at M&* on the way home so got a few bits for my dinners this week as a treat think its a pork pie salad for tea tonight
    Right better shift my sorry backside . Have a great day whatever you are up to
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Nice bright day here have a load on the line should dry well today, sold the old electric fire from the lounge yesterday for £40 :D this morning I sold the coffee table for £20 so that's most of the money for our load of logs which are coming Saturday so I am very pleased :j

Off to Portsmouth with dd in a while a bit of shopping and lunch out I want to try and get a load of stocking fillers bought today and I want to order some presents online.

Meat pie for dinner tonight with mash and veggies, we had an omelette in the end last night as we had so many eggs to use up.

Hope all goes well coxy xx

Have good days all xx
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Lovely bright day here again, need to put the little scooter on charge and DH needs to fix a puncture on my big scooter.

Went round to see best friend last night and didn't get home until 2pm :eek:
    Still decluttering, sorted out three bing bags full of stuff for the Hospice shop, DH will take them down tomorrow, tru I know what you mean about the house looking like a bomb has hit it until you have sorted it out

Just on coffee break and then I will sort the next lot out:eek:

Coxy everything is crossed for you today xx

Right, must get it finished

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Coxy - good luck for today. Sending lots of positive vibes.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It looks like we have some thieving scumbags in the area.:(

When we took the Spaniels for their 07:00 walk, we just started down the alleyway to the linear park, and found a laptop bag on the ground, with a load of documents strewn all about, but no laptop.

Mr LW picked it all up and popped it back to our doorstep, with a view to finding it's owner, and we had our walk - on the way back, Mr LW spotted a box thrown into the hedge, at the same place - this turned out to contain a pair of notebook speakers.

Anyways, we looked at a little of the paperwork, just enough to ascertain it belonged to a chap just round the corner, and Mr LW rang the number on his business card.

He came round a few minutes later to collect - transpired he'd left the bag in his car, and thieves had broken into the car overnight, and made a right mess. :(

It saddens me that anyone would do this sort of thing, but you see so much of it these days. Yes, the chap was foolish to leave the laptop in his car, but it's sad to have to think that way, I feel.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Coxy

Fingers crossed for you.

I had to put a load of laundry back out after it did not dry outside yesterday. DDs and sil came round at the weekend and took a load of boxes to the tip and also finished clearing out the conservatory so it looks much better now. Unfortunately when I went to use my new soup maker the instruction book had disappeared so I had to guess how to make veg soup. Guesswork seems to have done the drink as I had soup for a late lunch and have a lidded container to put in the fridge for tomorrow.

I plan to make carrot and coriander soup, sweet potato and red pepper and maybe tomato soup over the next few days as using the gadget saves standing over the hob for ages.

Realised that the weather will soon be changing and laundry will not dry much outside so as I hate wet washing hanging around and only want to use the tumble drier in a real emergency I have done some research and ordered a dri buddy. I feel quite extravagant but it was cheaper than the Lakeland one and also had ten pounds off and free delivery.

Older dd is in Ireland on business, middle dd is just back from holiday so is really busy and happy with a lot of home cooked and frozen food I gave her, youngest is now back in Liverpool and looking round for more interesting work.

MrsTA

I know it is worrying for your son right now but I hope it will be for the best in the long run and that things improve.

Just popping to the shop to get milk etc before a dd phones and worries if I am not in.;)

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,914 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone. Can't thank you all enough for the positive thoughts and good luck wishes. xx

I GOT THE JOB!!!

They were meant to phone me this afternoon and as I hadn't heard by 5pm I thought "oh well I haven't got it" then I checked my email and they had offered me the job! Still can't believe it, I'm in a state of complete shock.

It's working for the head office of the Church I currently work for part time. Hoping that the transition to the new role will be seamless - I can but hope :)

Off to get a small glass of wine to celebrate (work tomorrow lol!).

Coxy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :):):):) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh WELL DONE YOU, so very pleased for you love. congratulations xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure