DOOMOO ... baby bean bag / seat (for toddlers too)

Options
Hi, I am thinking of taking the plunge and getting one of these. The one I want is the new Alcantara colour and the cheapest I have found are at Baby2k or Olivers Baby, both £74 inc delivery.

So, my questions are ...

1. I was wondering if anybody has any experience of these and would you recommend them. I have seen some excellent reviews on the Internet and just wanted to double check, and

2. Does anybody know where I could get it cheaper (ie do you know of a retailers code to bring the price down)? The older range I can get for £69, but I really want the Alcantara colour. I have seen some second hand ones on ebay but I really want to buy new as I think it is similar to a mattress in that respect.

Thanks, in advance .... Felicity.

Comments

• sunshinegirl_3
    Options
    Hi

I was curious what this was so just Googled it and found a thread on Netmums about this and a child tipping it over by rolling to the side so that baby was face down with the Doomoo strapped to his back. Might be worth thinking about before you spend alot of money.
  • 1jim
    1jim Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    we have one of these and have never had the problem of tipping but to be honest we only ever use it when we are around and in the same room, little one found it really comfortable and seemed to sleep quite easily on it. I think babydan do something similar, have you tried your local nusery shops (independent ones) as we found ours in a local shop and was approx £55-60 from memory but was a lot cheaper than the cheapest on line retailers
  • Felicity
    Felicity Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your replies.

I did see the reports about people saying their babies tipped out of them and I have taken that on board. I would never leave my baby on his own in the doomoo anyway but think it is probably best put away for those few months when the baby starts to sit up.

Thanks anyway. I haven't found one cheaper so I went ahead and ordered anyway. Not very money saving, but they do look so lush!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure