PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 26 September 2016

Options

Comments

• tiredmum2
    Options
    Morning all
    Try call the council and complain about the website and if you have the parking tickets request a refund
    Today i am cleaning after finishing off the front drive there is dust and grit everywhere . I need to start packing as i am taking mum to visit family in Jersey tomorrow .
    We need to reign in the spending now as DH went spectacularly over budget on the front and i went to book our drinks package on our big cruise next year as i like to pay as much as i can before going and they have stopped doing the beer and wine package so now we have to pay for the all drinks pack which has thrown us a bit of a curve ball as its over £1200 :eek::eek: this is a belated 25th wedding anniversary gift to ourselves but i am not happy as there are so many better ways of using this money I think we will be looking at other cruise lines in the future as a lot offer free drinks packages but RCL don't seem to .
    Right sorry for the moan but i am just cross that we are being forced into something we don't really want Grrrrr
    Conservatory ,utility dinning room and kitchen have all had the floors hoovered and bleached just having a cuppa then the rest of the house to do . Dinner tonight is lasagne and salad
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tiredmum, how long is the cruise? That seems an awful lot and would encourage people to overindulge to get their money's worth.

DH is staying home today and probably until he has his op at the end of October, he can work from home but I'm trying to encourage him to rest for the next few days because the trip to Italy took its toll. I'm going to take it a bit more easily as well because I'm feeling quite tired.

The newly weds are in Capri now for a couple of days, they really enjoyed looking round the Roman ruins in the bay of Naples and I know there are some good ones on Capri as well.

DD and her DH celebrate their first anniversary today, that was a lovely day. She organised a treasure hunt for him taking in several bars and restaurants for sunday lunch, using several of her work contacts.

We took all the garden games and other stuff back to DS' yesterday and I've ended up with bitten ankles so their cat must have left some fleas around so I'll take down the spray I got from the vets. It was very expensive but worked like magic.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Dry but a bit grey, I have stripped the bed, so hope to get it dry, otherwise its in the dryer.

Trying to work out where to put everything in the back bedroom, I need to take the stuff I need for the two days from the freezer and put it in the kitchen freezer, then it does not matter where the bedroom one goes, just 3 weeks to wait.....

I lit the fire last night, it was very chilly, we also put the electric blanket on to warm the bed.

I managed to get the menus done for the month. Did a bit of shopping at Lidl, will get the main stuff from Aldi, October is a long month 5 Sundays so 5 Sunday suppers to plan. The gammon last night was delish. I have some rather strong stock left. Will freeze it for now,although I could make leek and lentil soup for lunch after I have done the Monday clean and also cleaned all the spots off the carpet in the sitting room. I have no idea why we are suddenly getting loads of spots, but they are going once I have shoved the Dyson round it will be attack with a damp cloth.

We are on an every pennies a prisoner just now. I did spend some of my spending money on wool to knit Ugg boots and a beanie hat for the baby expected in the spring. I also found a shower caddie to keep the shower gel etc in, saves us having to bend down to retrieve things from the low shelf that runs round the shower. Its wonderful to be able to get out of bed and stand under a hot shower.

Right, time I was off to tackle the Monday clean. We were late getting up this morning so I am a bit like the cows tail!!
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I did a lot of rushing round and tidying yesterday so will have a quiet day today. I got some good nectar offers with the grocery delivery yesterday so will go to the other side of town to get to the supermarket and stock up on a few things like socks, coffee sachets, low fat yoghurts and any good deals to get the max points.

The integral garage has had one go with Henry but the plaster dust and general grunge on the bits of carpet have been ingrained so will need several more attempts. After two machine washes the white (with big brown shoe prints) upstairs bathmat now looks respectable again. In retrospect it may not have been the most practical colour choice ;)

While on the other side of the river (bridge still being rebuilt after floods) I need to pick up a prescription from the medical centre. Youngest dd is coming round this weekend :j and we are going on a shopping trip.

tru

I am sorry your holiday is a bit of a let down. Make things as easy as you can for yourself re cooking and anything else.

hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • tiredmum2
    Options
    snoozer wrote: »
    tiredmum, how long is the cruise? That seems an awful lot and would encourage people to overindulge to get their money's worth.

DH is staying home today and probably until he has his op at the end of October, he can work from home but I'm trying to encourage him to rest for the next few days because the trip to Italy took its toll. I'm going to take it a bit more easily as well because I'm feeling quite tired.

The newly weds are in Capri now for a couple of days, they really enjoyed looking round the Roman ruins in the bay of Naples and I know there are some good ones on Capri as well

DD and her DH celebrate their first anniversary today, that was a lovely day. She organised a treasure hunt for him taking in several bars and restaurants for sunday lunch, using several of her work contacts.

We took all the garden games and other stuff back to DS' yesterday and I've ended up with bitten ankles so their cat must have left some fleas around so I'll take down the spray I got from the vets. It was very expensive but worked like magic.

Snoozer its 17 days we are going from Dubai to Venice via the Suez canal its a repositioning cruise so not many ports so we will be on board most days we would pay as we go but you have to add gratuity onto every drink and wouldn't want a nasty surprise at the end. to be fair we have a few glasses of wine with dinner and maybe a few beers in the day but they are dearer than on shore to start with so still not sure what to do .x
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Glad you enjoyed your lamb nmlc.
    Tru-shame about the cottage,did you mention the cleaning when the owner came to fix the leak,think I would,he might have given you a bit of money back :rotfl:Enjoy the rest of your stay.
    Snoozer-the wedding sounded great :)

Drizzly and grey here today.The road contractors started early so we went for our walk and now Ly1a is hiding upstairs :( The sign on next doors house has had it's LET sign removed and TO LET is back.Mind you if I was paying the high rent they are asking I'd want a fully functioning front street without all the noise & mess we have atm.A woman ran over to me at the weekend to ask what was going on with the road as they had just seen the cottage on the EAgents website and had booked a viewing for tonight.She said it looks lovely on there but it didnt show the roadworks-well it wouldnt would it ;) They seemed really nice so will see if they turn up.

I'm having a stay at home day today as the weekend was a bit hectic with DGD birthday party. DB2 called on Sat and DB1 & SIL came yesterday aft with pressies & she had hers from us on Saturday as we wont see her tonight.
    I really need to shift the huge pile of ironing.We have leftover pork for tea tonight so thats easy but I bought a sugarfree cookbook cheap in TKMax & wouldnt mind trying out something from the dessert section.

Righto,ironing here I come :( Hope you all have a good day & love to the poorlies and their relatives xxx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Slowly57
    Options
    Thanks for the thread NMLC

Just diving in to say hello and offer hugs and positivity to those who need it - hot chocolate and xx to all in a dark place - keep on going!

Having boiler serviced and central heating power-flushed to get everything purring like a kitten for winter - we have an ancient system and it needs a bit of fussing lol. Just the car to give its final pre-winter sort out now.

Heavy curtains and chair-arm blankies out of the airing cupboard - door curtains up. Folding summer clothes into storage/donation bags and gettting warm clothes out.

Hope you are all toasty warm and happy on this murky Monday xx
    2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tru wrote: »
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Quite a few of the beaches have changed the rules on allowing dogs, we turned up to a couple only to find new signs with new times. Trouble is, none of the websites have updated the info. Even a few local people didn't know and they were miffed. By the time you see the sign, you've already paid a couple of quid for parking and you have nowhere to go so you just turn around and leave straight away. You can't pass your parking ticket to someone else because it has your reg number on it. Found two nearby beaches though, so we have somewhere to let off steam :D[/FONT]
    See, you should have invited me along, could've parked using my Blue Badge then; and I'm sure I'd get along well with Scampi. :D
    tiredmum2 wrote: »
    Try call the council and complain about the website and if you have the parking tickets request a refund
    Good idea - you've nothing to lose by giving it a go. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If anyone is interested in seeing some of the wedding, the photographers have posted some photos on their blog here - andreatappo.blogspot.com/2016/09/villa-pianciani-wedding-christopher.html

I'm not in any of these photos except a small one on the "wedding guest who" board. Sorry it's not a real link.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,092 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon.

The sun came out though it's not what I'd call hot. Somewhat weak with a blustery wind. Nevertheless I stripped the bedding, collected towels and undies and bunged them all in the washer. I've just brought them in as a dark cloud lingered a tad too long for my liking, they're all still a little on the damp side so now on the airer with the dehumidifier going. Clean sheets on the bed, clean pjs on the bed and clean towels out in the bathroom so there will be stuff to put away once it's all dry.

I did a run into town, got the errant PVG form signed and posted back to the disclosure people. Recycling recycled. Bin emptied. Went to the bank for some cash and then drove up to the docs to hand in some paperbacks. Docs was closed for the public holiday, as was the PO and RM delivery office. Seems a public holiday is not the same as a bank holiday, just as well.

Emailed some students to say I hadn't got their work, found their work and had to email them back. It's so annoying!

I'm still dithering about the blessed net curtains which I've still not put back up. The bedroom and bathroom are so much more lighter without them (south facing) and I can see the sea and islands from both my bed and my loo. There's no-one opposite and I get changed/ dressed in the spare bedroom so nets aren't needed. Mmmm, needs more thought.

As the rain held out I've macerated the back lawn again, there's clumps of shorn grass everywhere as well as tyre tracks in mud. I wish that either the grass would stop growing or the rain would stop falling.

Right, cup of tea time after my exertions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure