Collective Fix December 2016

Options
I have just received an email from BG offering a an exclusive new tariff HomeEnergy Fixed Sep 2017.

'We are offering this exclusively to our customers who are on either Collective Fix November 2016 or Collective Fix December 2016 and, if you choose this tariff, your prices will be fixed until 30th September 2017, whatever happens to energy prices'

Gas TCR 3.57p per kWh (CF Dec 2017 3.37p)

Elec TCR 12.38p kWh (CF Dec 2017 11.07p)

To take this offer I need to switch now rather than wait until CF Dec 2017 ends on 2nd Dec.

Will better deals be available if I wait?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @captain_fishy

No one can tell the future, no matter what they say. You have to do what is best for you.
    Have you looked at the Cheap Energy Club recently and done a price comparison? That will give you an idea of what is available currently and if this deal is really any good for you.
  • lucadobe
    Options
    I've had same email and I'm wondering if MSE would have the lowdown on this as trying to compare isn't very helpful to work out ?
  • Captain_Fishy
    Options
    So having compared the TCR of the 'exclusive' BG Home Energy Fixed Sep 2017 with the new BG Collective Fix Oct 2017. It makes no sense to take the exclusive deal as the tariff is higher with no cash back either.

So I have signed up to switch to the Collective Fix Oct 2017.

Thanks for the email BG nice try................
  • planetf1
    Options
    Same here.

Personally I found it a bit condescending. A little "trick" to sign up to a worse tariff playing off the term "collective". An enquiry to CS was fine in terms of base tariffs but no info for collective (I know there's restrictions).

The GOOD news is it alerted me to the new collective tariff which I've now switched to, or at least submitted. hopefully that will be simple!
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills