Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 22nd Sep 16, 6:17 AM
    • 2,462Posts
    • 32,527Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Thursday 22nd September 2016
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:17 AM
    O/S Daily Thursday 22nd September 2016 22nd Sep 16 at 6:17 AM
    O/S Daily Thursday 22nd September 2016

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, dry underfoot, after a cloudy overcast start yesterday the sky cleared and it was another sunny day, hoping for the same today. Hoping washing can be line dried.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work, DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly to get up and ready for college.

Dinner last night was pork steaks oven cooked in gravy and veg, served with mash, carrots, HG green beans, mini corn cobs and peas, all eaten and enjoyed. Tonight I'm not sure, but I do have some breaded chicken pieces in the freezer, so could serve those, with a cheese and potato pie and beans. If possible I don't want to buy any more food today as doing the weekly food shop tomorrow. Really need to get back to the menu planning, and stop the "top up" shops other than needing bread.

Now on days' off, have quite a "to do" list and I really want to get going with it, as everywhere feels cluttered and untidy, so I'll just potter along and try to get as much done as possible, I'll write a list shortly.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 22-09-2016 at 6:28 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • Slowly57
    • By Slowly57 22nd Sep 16, 10:55 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    Slowly57
    Evening all - hope everyone is doing good - hugs and positivity to those who need it - and if you're in a dark place, keep going OK? xx
    getting my ducks in a row and my parachute ready Oct GC £28.98 / £200 28/9/16 - 26/10/16
    Saved nearly £100 each on car + home insurance 2016 by telling my insurer about better quotes elsewhere - feeling assertive - yay!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,423Posts Today

6,708Users online

Martin's Twitter