Resorts near Antalya

Hi.

I have booked flights for me, my husband and our three children (age 0, 5 & 7) to go to Antalya during October half term. I now need to book a hotel and needed your help please.

I am hoping to book an all inclusive beach resort, but I am unsure as to which area I want to stay in.

I ideally want to stay in a resort that's not too far from Antalya airport (30 mins max) and I want to be somewhere where I can leave the resort for activities such as visiting maybe one or two markets and a couple of places of historical interest.

I know I will be limited with the amount of activity I can do due to the kids being with us but I would like the option of having places nearby that I can visit.

So far I have looked at Belek or the Lara Beach area but I'm really not sure which would be most suitable.

All suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• lea2012
    lea2012 Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Lara Beach is pretty close to the city of antalya and is often thought of as a suburb of the city centre so this would give you easy access to shops, markets etc. This area has lots of big hotels that offer all inclusive and have plenty of things for kids and they're all pretty cheap at the moment.

Belek is a bit further and is mainly made up of big all inclusive hotels and golf courses. I'm not sure if it has any markets but most hotels will offer excursions to get you out and about if you want.

Bigger resorts can be found within an hour. Kemer has a great harbour area and is a bit more upmarket, Side is more of a usual tourist area with lots of bars and shops.
    Lea :confused:
  • Hi.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Are there any hotels you would recommend in Lara Beach? I'm looking to book for under £1000 and it would ideally have to be a room that has a separate bedroom and living area.

Thanks
  • As above, Belek is mainly a mass of large AI hotels, most of them pretty new, we stayed at the Crystal Waters Spa and Water Park, I guess this would keep your kids happy and just outside there were some shops and a small market selling fruit and veg etc about a 10 min walk away, however, outside the hotel there's nothing really that exciting.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Are there any hotels you would recommend in Lara Beach? I'm looking to book for under £1000 and it would ideally have to be a room that has a separate bedroom and living area.

We stayed at the WOW Kremlin Palace out of season, 18 months ago and enjoyed it. You can also use the facilities and eat at the sister hotel next door. But it was slightly isolated on the eastern fringe of the resort

All the AI hotels are strung out along the beach, and the distance from A to Z is a fair way. The main road through the resort runs parallel to the beach about 400 yards or so inland. There's no promenade.

There's a couple of frequent public buses which connect Lara Beach with the tourist area in Antalya, with a standard 2TL [50p] single ticket.

The bus takes about 40 minutes all the way into Antalya. I don't think there are many other public bus routes from Lara Beach. Beware that the bus drivers are nutters, and the buses fill up quickly, so you might have a safety issue with young children.

If you have a look on Booking.com, search 'Lara Beach Hotels'. There's a map on there with the location of all the hotels it sells. Read the hotel reviews, ditto with Trip Advisor.

If we went again then we'd stay somewhere in the middle of Lara Beach, where there's more to do outside of the hotel.

We've also stayed in Kaleici, the walled old town in Antalya. Lovely place, but no beach. Just west of the town centre is another resort, can't think of the name, with a long pebble beach, and promenade.

Side got mentioned earlier. Probably the most child friendly, long beach and great promenade. It's only about 45 minutes east of Antalya Airport.
  • There have been some great deals on the 5* AI this season due to poor numbers, so have a good search on some of the hotel websites.
    travelover
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I stayed http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/turkey/turkey-antalya/kemer/hotels/barut-kemer.html

Went about a month ago.

It was quiet for the first part of the week but got busy towards the end. Was really nice. There wasn't a proper beach though, it was sunbeds on stone beach where you can then go into the see. 3 swimming pools. Decent food. All inclusive and cheap.

They also have a kids club.
  • HoofeHearted
    HoofeHearted Posts: 2,651 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    We have stayed at the Hotel Baia Lara
    15 mins from airport.
    Great place for adults & kids. Kids play area with a pool that is deliberately in the shade so they don't get too hot.
    At lunchtime you can eat in the main restaurant, or there is a big open air area on your left as you walk towards the beach. Sit down and then go to the different food zones to get what you want. Salads, burgers, pizzas(freshly made with your choice of toppings) , chicken etc etc. Great choice.

Best hotel entertainment I have ever seen.
  • Thank you for all the suggestions.

We were also thinking that maybe we could stay in the tourist part of Antalya and then do a few day trips to the beach as we would like to experience the country a bit more rather than being stuck on a resort.

Our flights have been booked and now just need to sort accommodation. Most of the better all inclusive hotels seem to have already been booked up.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport