PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread for Tuesday 5th July

Options
OS daily Sunday 3rd July
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
Chin up, Titus out.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning HESTER thanks for starting off the thread today.

I'm up 'silly early' slept badly last night and couldn't lie there any longer so got up just before 5. It's waking up with the light levels I think and then not being able to get back off again, trying!!!

Nothing specific planned for today, the weather looks grey and likely to be wet again so I'll spend today tidying and cleaning the house, I have visitors this weekend so a good tidy up and sort out will give me a good start to that. I think I'll loose some of the afternoon though as I tend to drop off in my armchair after nights like this. Not sure what meals will be today I'll have to see what needs using and be inventive.

Have yourselves a nice day, Lyn xxx.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Slow start to the day here, DGS doesn't have to get to school until 11:30, so I just have myself to get ready.

The fish have been fed and hubby has a cuppa, I'm moving at a snails pace as I didn't get to sleep until 4am, aarrggh.

Hubby's contract has been changed as has his job description, he probably won't sign it as he job is changing completely and his job description looks like it was written by a 6 year old, it's full of contradictions and nonsensical statements.

I'm getting the bedrooms ready tonight as I have all four DGC staying over the weekend whilst DD is at work. It's a mammoth task getting ready for all four of them for 2 days and 2 nights.

Have a good ay everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all,

Thank you Hester for starting us off this morning, you sound as though you will be havig busy weekend. It sounds as though your L&M will be calling it a day with the job soon. I think you have been very wise in thinking of downsizing, as my Mum would have said, "cut your cloth accordingly", and it seems you are.

Lyn, you sound very troubled, I have just read the prep thread. I hope you find some peace today and certainly have a nana nap and dream of lovely Zebra and his little antics. he will put everything into prospective

We are popping into town this morning and will meet sister and BIL for coffee after we have done all our errands. I want to try and find some trainers, I really must start my walking again in the mornings.

DGD is at her ballet class this evening so she won't eat until later. She walks through the door says "I am going for a shower" she can't be sweaty, and then she will come down and prepare something she fancies, and I just leave her to it.

The weather is very overcast here so not hopeful on drying any washing.

Have a good day all

Candlelightx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,080 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all.

Thanks for the thread HH, sounds like you've got an uphill task today.

My ENT appointment was OK though the consultant couldn't see any reason for my problem and gave me a prescription for a different spray. If this doesn't work I'll ask for a scan. Anyway, took it to our local chemist which didn't have it in.

I wandered into the fishing tackle shop yesterday (it's opposite the chemist) and ended up buying a really lovely, but unnecessary, thick cotton pull over type top in what's called 'water melon' colour. Probably bright dark pink I'd say. It's one size too snug, but I couldn't resist it. :rotfl:

Today I'll do some general light housework and start some serious packing for next week. The forecast for Orkney is for rain there so it'll be mostly wet weather gear. I'll be wearing my walking boots on the plane and so will pack trainers in the case.

A neighbour called round last night on her way past walking her dog so we sat outside for a while chewing the fat. She wouldn't come in as last week her sheepdog peed against my sofa! It's leather so wasn't damaged, I found it funny though she was appalled. The dog is an outside type and so not really house trained.

Right, off to start my day. Hope everyone has a happy Tuesday.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning all, I returned to work yesterday and struggled through a quite hard day, now two rather long days to come. At least this is my short week. I am really glad that I kept on top of my emails and did a few jobs while off because it would have made this week impossible otherwise.

I seem to have woken up all stuffed up, with earache, oh happiness and deep joy. It'll pass, I'm sure.

Went to primark to replace some worn out pjs yesterday (can't really afford posh pjs prices) and I have bought the wrong size bottoms on the right size hanger. I'll pop back later in the week.

Hope everyone has a good day
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,695 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all. After a downpour last night the sky is brightening with a nice day forecast. Yesterday (until the rain) was lovely and sunny and perfect for the DGDs sports day. They did us proud, with quite a few 1st to 3rd stickers between them! Win or lose all the kids seem to enjoy it, apart from one little lass who couldn't keep her egg on the spoon and ended up in floods of tears! Aw bless!

Eldest DGD arrived in Germany at 9.00 last night, after leaving here at 5.30 in the morning! A long day! They are staying in Kamp-Bornhofen if anyone knows it? I've been to Germany a few times in the past, staying in Bremen in the far north, Berchtesgaden in the far south, and Dusseldorf and Cologne in between. I agree it's a lovely country, or at least the little bit I have seen of it! I'm sure they'll enjoy it!

Today we are off on the bus to the big As*a 12 miles away. Mr TA had his eyes tested last week and needs specs so we are off to their opticians. (Thanks again CANDLELIGHT for pointing me in their direction!) I am taking my own prescription with me with plans to treat myself to another pair at their bargain prices! Hopefully we'll find somewhere nice to have lunch whilst we are out and about.

Your jumper sounds ideal for the Orkney weather GERS, I'm sure you'll get much wear out of your impulse buy. HESTER your DH sounds to be getting pushed to the limit with his job, fingers crossed he soon finds something else.

Have a good day all, nice to have you back POLLYANNA, (((HUGS))) where wanted/needed. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Dull and a bit cloudy here at the moment, let's hope it brightens up later.

Work today and we have a new manager starting, we are all hoping that he can keep our supervisor in her place otherwise we fear that she will ride rough shod over us all. The current manager stands up to her and is aware she is a problem, let's hope the new one gets the required training!
    We have been promised that the fridge freezer will be here today, let's hope for their sake they do as OH getting increasingly angry and he is usually the easy going one.

Other than that not much planned, another one who is not sleeping that well, much be something in the air? Hope you get a nice nap this afternoon Lyn x

Have a good day everyone, take care folks ️xx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning [/FONT] :hello:

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I read an online article the other day, about reactive dogs. There was a link to a group on FB so I clicked it to see if it was the type of thing I need, but it was a closed group and I couldn't read anything. Decided to send a request to join, thinking I could just leave again if it didn't suit – so many people talk about their dog problems but it turns out that they bark a bit at buses or something. I need to talk to people whose dogs throw the hugest tantrums ever and turn from quiet little cutie to velociraptor in 0.01 seconds, lol. Read a few posts and thought 'yep, that's us – I'll fit in well here'! :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My strawberries are finally ripening, I've eaten three already :D Well worth the wait, they were delicious. My raspberries are ready, I wasn't expecting anything really, that corner of the garden hasn't been looked after at all. I didn't even tie them up, they're a big tangled mess so picking them is going to be fun, lol.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It looks like it's going to rain at any moment so I've planned an indoors day. Not sure what's happened to my organised freezers, I take my eye off the ball for a moment (more than a moment, I've been feeling a bit blah lately so it's been about a week!) and they're in a right mess. So first job of the day is freezer tetris. The bathroom needs decluttering, new shower gels etc. have been opened when the old ones are still about a third full. I could understand if people get bored and want a new flavour but I always buy the same ones, so why why WHY? lol. Stationery is a mess but I can't blame anyone else for that, it was all me :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,904 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Just having a cuppa having made packed lunch for DS2. Didn't need to get up until later today as I'm getting a 10am train to London. I did a legs, bums and tums class yesterday and I'm feeling it this morning owwww!

The expo I'm attending doesn't finish until 6pm so will leave a small top up shopping list for DH. He has a shirt to take back to exchange today, plus needs to chase a couple of recruiters about possible jobs. It's very slow, but he did sign on yesterday so that's one thing sorted at least.

Dinner tonight will more than likely be spag Bol as DH is in charge and we have some mushrooms that need using up. I will put a wash on before I go today.

Hugs to all that need them. You guys are so busy with DGCs and visitors it wears me out just reading about it :)

Have a good day
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning chums Hope you have a good day Coxy11
    I have to nip to the local bakery to buy a couple of rolls for DGS Jack He has a shift this morning in the local Marie Curie shop and will come to mine for a couple of bacon rolls for lunch I have to get extra as his next brother down Henry is finishing at 12.30 because of the teachers strike.He is coming for lunch as well then we are going to Maidstone to exchange a pair of trousers that his Mum bought on Sunday at primarni.Right length, but wrong waist, he is quite a slim lad and he needs them for tomorrow night as he is off to a party at his pals house.So that takes care of most of today I was going to coffee morning but I just can't fit it in I think, I may stick my head around the door if I get half an hour this morning just to say hello to some friends.

Tonight is quiz night which I always enjoy, along with the meal included so no cooking tonight for me :)
    Hope you all have a good day,its cloudy but bright here in the Medway area at the moment

Cheers chums
    JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family