PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Tuesday 21st June OS Daily

Options
redruby
redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
edited 21 June 2016 at 7:12AM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine

Morning all,

Dull and overcast here but no rain atm, thank you for all the good wishes today its at 3 this afternoon so positive thoughts please, I must say I am quite nervous :o although two out of four applicants did not turn up yesterday which helps there are another three or four today, I just wish mine was early this morning !

Not sure about dinner yet I need to rummage in the freezer after this, It may well be accompanied with a large glass of wine though !

Will put a wash on tonight and have a sweep through.

Have good days all xx

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,047 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Thanks for the thread RR and good luck today.

It's very bright outside, lots of white sky so I'm hoping the blue will show later.

I woke at about 4.00am for the loo and then went back to sleep, thankfully.

My day will be 'organic' as I have no plans apart from staying home to wait for a couple of deliveries and perhaps cutting the grass if it's dry enough.

I hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning, thanks for the thread RR and good luck and positives vibes for today xx

I am off to the gym this morning, then along to the charity for a few hours. The church was really busy yesterday as I needed to print 360 copies of the monthly magazine, plus organise the locksmith to refit the lock on the door. He could talk for Britiain, which is lovely, but not when you need to get on with work :)

DH will drive DS1 to college today. His foot is healing - had it elevated all day yesterday apart from trips to the loo but still on crutches.

Dinner tonight is just for the youngsters as we are going to the amdram annual BBQ. Will pick up some pizzas on the way home from work. Will attempt to bring down the ironing pile later but will leave some for DD as she still owes me some money.

Have a good day all.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Dry and reasonably sunny here. It turned into a lovely evening last night, Tilly and I went out under the beech trees to watch the strawberry moon rise. Happy Midsummer to all x

Work today, it flew by yesterday as had a lot to catch up on after hols, hopefully today will be the same.
    Popped over to see Bill later in the day, he might have a retirement home with one of the lovely ladies who look after the horses. She has two mares who have both also retired due to ill health and is sure he can go with them. It will mean a bit of a drive for me but we could take turns every other day to check up on them etc. Trying not to get my hopes up but it would be lovely for him.
    RR sending you positive thoughts for today.

Have a good day everyone, take care folks x
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Luckily I woke up in time this morning, when I switched the alarm clock off just before 6 I actually switched it on! Overcast here but hopefully it will brighten up. Put washing out about 6.30 last night and it was almost dry by about 8.

Good luck RR, will be thinking of you.
    Gers - hope you are feeling better today.
    Hugs to anyone in need, are you ok LW?

Meeting a work colleague after work for something to eat, we never seem to be able to catch up with all the chat at work (although she would if she could!).

Take care. XX
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning all. Woken up with sunshine streaming in but that's been overtaken by clouds now. Fortunately no rain is forecast!

Had a busy day doing all sorts of catch up jobs yesterday including a quick trip into town, cleaning all the windows inside (at last!) and colouring my hair. Though we seemed to keep the worst job till the last! Mr TA decided he couldn't look at the rampant hedge at the front (between us and next door) any longer so we went out to attack that. He with the electric hedge trimmers and me picking all the cuttings up and loading the garden waste bin. It's now full to the brim and we were shattered by the time we finished!

I am eagerly awaiting the promised delivery of the GTech order today and can't wait to have a play! No word yet on delivery of the steam cleaner!

Some chicken broth left in the fridge for Mr TA's lunch, butternut squash soup defrosting for me (with the remainder of the chicken in a wrap) so just tea to christen now. I think fish of some sort and will get some out to defrost later.

Have a good day all. Once again REDRUBY good luck with the interview and (((HUGS))) to all in need of one. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning [/FONT] :hello:

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Good luck to you [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]redruby [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]you don't need it though, you'll be great! xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My shopping will be here this morning so I'll have to make sure I'm back from our walk for that, apart from that I have no plans. It rained so much yesterday, Scampi gave up on going out into the garden and slept most of the day away, I was bored so cleaned the whole house. I have no housework to do apart from one load of washing so I have the day to myself :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning everyone and good luck to RR today. Posts kept vanishing yesterday :)
    Today DGS Jack does his last GCSE and its History which he enjoys so I have my fingers crossed for him.
    DGS Henry is going to do some work experience this week at his old primary school, not that he want to be a teacher but both his brothers did the same at his age and its conveniently local to where he lives :) Plus he likes the chap he will be working with
    Youngest DGS Mikey has a math test this morning so we were revising last night. I swear I learn more each day with my DGS as I end up helping them with their revision as Mum and Dad are at work.I know all sorts of things I hadn't known before.:) When Jack was doing his biology he told me all about the reproductive system in the human body :)who would have guessed its how we make babies :):):)

Bless them because I have looked after them for around 10 years they get to tell me all about what goes on at school and what they are getting up to.Good job I am virtually unshockable :):) I am the non judgemental ear to their woes :)

Just got back from my training walk for our Race for life I will be extending it a bit more next week as we are hoping to get the time down from last years walk?hobble :) I can roughly do a mile in 20 minutes which isn't too bad with my trusty walking stick:)I vary it each day so I don't get fed up.Surprising looking at different front gardens how they are all coming into bloom now and looking really nice You get the odd one that seems to 'grow junk' but on the whole folk do like to put a bit of colour in the front gardens Even the sheltered housing close by has some very pretty window boxes.

Coffee morning at Dobbies this morning with my free coffee from my vouchers ,then Quiz night tonight at the pub so tuesdays are my 'social days'
    Hope every one has a good day and the sun which is shining at the moment over north Kent also shines down on you all.

Dumpling good luck with SW my eldest DD texted me to say she had signed up last night as she wants to lose a bit for her holiday.I replied that bacon and brie rolls are not on the menu so those will have to go :):):) Her and her other half got tot their caravan at Deal every weekend and have got a liking for those for Saturday morning breakfasts :):)

Have a good day Chums

JackieO xx
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a dry but dull day here this morning. I have only just got out of bed as I didn't sleep very well last night. I'd forgotten to take my meds and didn't realise until I'd been tossing and turning for a few hours :o:o.

The girls have gone off to school today quite happy. DD16 has her last exam today so she will be back in a couple of hours. I'm off to Slimming World at 11ish so I will go and get dressed in a minute. I haven't been to my meetings for a few weeks so I will be interested to see what their scales say, did I say interested, I meant terrified :rotfl::rotfl:.

I will have everything crossed for your interview redruby, I really hope you get what you want.
    Enjoy your day to yourself Tru
    Lainey, it would be lovely if your plans work out for Bill.

I'm going to make a chicken and vegetable curry for dinner tonight as we had lots of leftover chicken from Sunday's roast. I bought some more pyrex dishes as I think batch cooking on the weekend will be the way forward for me.

Well that's it from me, hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning chums,

I went a run yesterday and then played badminton and by jings I'm feeling it this morning. Followed that with a lovely healthy steak stir fry and started watching Dexter - a good day. Another NSD.

Today will be work, with another quick run at my break, followed with the gym tonight.

redruby - all the best for today.
    Tru - that sounds like a wonderful day. I'd kill for one.
    Jackie - Fingers are crossed for your DGS's!
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning, I love the thought of an organic day, that's my plan too. I do have lots to do but no specific timetable for it, though I do have to check my work phone as I have another piece of work coming in this week and that'll have to be QA'd and have just remembered that another came in last night. Didn't plan this fortnight off all that well, somehow.

Last night I cooked sausages, hasselback baby potatoes and cabbage, with onion gravy, I do love cabbage though know that many don't. Bubble and squeak tonight with leftover cabbage.

I have washing dancing in a breeze on the line, more to go out.

JackieO I love reading about your grandsons.

Happy Days all
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family