IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

1st appeal rejected-no POPLA but IAS. How should I appeal to them?

Options
Not surprisingly my appeal was rejected by Parking Control Management for not parking in a bay but pulling over and picking someone up. They are a member of IPC so the next appeal is with the IAS not POPLA unfortunately. I have read that they are not independent at all and side with the parking companies. Any advice on how I should proceed? I do intend to appeal. Their photos do not show anyone getting into or out of the car, only standing next to the passenger door. I literally stopped for 15 seconds (engine running), got out, read the sign, got back in the car and left. They state that 'the photographic evidence clearly demonstrates the driver was dropping off a passenger..' It doesn't at all. The door is not open and the person is facing forward next to the back door. What points are best to argue? And what do I do next when they clearly reject this too? Interestingly, I emailed my appeal on Sunday evening 5th June and I received the rejection letter on Tuesday 7th! I'm not sure how they could have 'considered my case carefully'! I used the standard template on this site for IPC member appeals. Any advice greatly apreciated.

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 June 2016 at 9:26PM
    Options
    Not surprisingly my appeal was rejected by Parking Control Management for not parking in a bay but pulling over and picking someone up. They are a member of IPC so the next appeal is with the IAS not POPLA unfortunately. I have read that they are not independent at all and side with the parking companies. Any advice on how I should proceed? I do intend to appeal. Their photos do not show anyone getting into or out of the car, only standing next to the passenger door. I literally stopped for 15 seconds (engine running), got out, read the sign, got back in the car and left. They state that 'the photographic evidence clearly demonstrates the driver was dropping off a passenger..' It doesn't at all. The door is not open and the person is facing forward next to the back door. What points are best to argue? And what do I do next when they clearly reject this too? Interestingly, I emailed my appeal on Sunday evening 5th June and I received the rejection letter on Tuesday 7th! I'm not sure how they could have 'considered my case carefully'! I used the standard template on this site for IPC member appeals. Any advice greatly apreciated.

Parking Control Management being IPC members subscribe to the scam and are scammers themselves.

Their appeal system is a scam, of course they will not agree with you, it's a foregone conclusion

Then the next part of the scam = IAS, the rubbish appeals system
    which is in cahoots with the parking operator.

As much as Parking Control Management reject your appeal, so will IAS, it is a family of scammers and all set up by a firm of solicitors called Gladstones who actually make our legal system look so stupid.

By all means appeal to IAS

The UK government know of this scam but allow it so YOU need to be asking your local MP why Camerons government preach transparency but DO NOT put it into practice. Write to David Cameron asking why HIS GOVERMENT allow this scam

Government scam with possible back handers, that's what people think
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    1st appeal rejected-no POPLA but IAS. How should I appeal to them?

You don't. This is covered in the NEWBIES thread post #3. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,041 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "I'm not sure how they could have 'considered my case carefully'!"

They haven't, all they do is laugh, rub their hands and carry on the onslaught to try to scam money out of you.

In my view, in the unlikely even they tried this one in court the judge would laugh at them, or get angry at their audacity!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure