IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Carflow ANPR model

Options
this lot have started locally to me and have dished out a ticket to a colleague. using ANPR and some oddly worthded signage. see attached. any thoughts on the signage ? I will put together a generic anpr rebuttal + also the usual no authority demonstrated etc etc but wld appreciate any views on the signage. they state that in event of breach then motorist agrees to pay etc etc which is still presumably defendable at POPLA even post Beavis ie are levying a 'charge' in event of 'breach'.

thanks

Comments

• prjohnsonnn10
    Options
    image below of the signage in use

http://s20.postimg.org/nbt8ffwql/0001.jpg
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Direct your colleague to the newbies faq thread at the top of the forum for everything to do with submitting his appeal
  • prjohnsonnn10
    Options
    yes im just about done with the appeal documentation - just asking what the view is on here post Beavis of that language being used . Beavis car park was a different charging structure so do we know if POPLA are responding positively to the PPC model of 'payment for breach ' ?
  • Grimble
    Grimble Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No contract can have been formed as there is no address.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    also, as can be seen in recent POPLA decisions in the sticky thread, they dont tell you when the "parking time" actually starts (as opposed to time on site), nor do they tell you about what will be done with captured ANPR data

this has caught out PE a few times recently in well worded popla appeals
  • prjohnsonnn10
    Options
    Many thanks. Good responses. BTW i just noticed this in their NTK letter

'....Please bear in mind that you can only appeal to POPLA using the evidence you have presented to Carflow, they will not consider any new evidence...'

Presume this is totally incorrect and misleading also?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    what a load of tosh, you can appeal to POPLA using any grounds you see fit , but its best to include everything you can in the initial appeal, by pdf attachment , to popla, as they may not consider any future rebuttals
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 March 2016 at 4:40PM
    Options
    Where ANPR is used the signs must state what purpose the data will be used for. If it doesn't it is (I think) a breach of the Data Protection Act.

The sign doesn't explain what ANPR stands for. It has more than one meaning, for example it also means Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, and Association of National Park Rangers for egg-sample.

Are you (your colleague) using the template from the NEWBIES thread (initial appeal) or are you at PoPLA stage? I'm confused.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • prjohnsonnn10
    Options
    popla stage..... will dig around for the most appropriate one i can find / template and put it together.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Definitely include the fact there are no signs to inform a driver how the data caputred by ANPR will be used, which is an ICO data handling breach as well as a specific breach of the BPA Code of Practice.

You will find recent POPLA appeal wording on any POPLA threads in Feb/March, as we have changed it quite a bit to try to keep winning at 'new' POPLA. That's why the above one is important because POPLA have used it as a winning reason more than once. Even the examples in the NEWBIES thread have been overtaken by more recent POPLA examples, so I do intend to change the examples shortly, to newer ones.

Never seen a 'Car Flow' NTK before, can you show it to us please, prjohnsonnn?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure