Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RunDMC73
    • By RunDMC73 25th Feb 16, 2:00 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    RunDMC73
    CSB Solicitor/Parking SOlutions 24
    • 25th Feb 16, 2:00 PM
    CSB Solicitor/Parking SOlutions 24 25th Feb 16 at 2:00 PM
    Hi all, I received this letter through the post. I am the keeper of the vehicle and was not the driver.
    The disabled driver was unable to park in any bay of any description and I believe the ticket has been issued incorrectly.
    Having read the newbies guide I could:-
    1. Reset the timer by supplying the drivers name
    2. contact the PPC for a code and appeal that way.
    3. Treat it as a debt collector/letter before action and respond to it accordingly stating I am disputing it and will contest vigorously.
    (* Links now at post #9)

As a newbie I cant post links so you'll have to remove the space between H and ttp://
    There are evidential redacted pictures showing the ticket and manner of parking which I'll upload in post #2
    Last edited by RunDMC73; 25-02-2016 at 3:55 PM. Reason: Changing links
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 25th Feb 16, 2:05 PM
    • 30,241 Posts
    • 14,327 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 25th Feb 16, 2:05 PM
    • 25th Feb 16, 2:05 PM
    It's not a letter before action (your point 3 In your OP), but a debt collecting attempt.
    Last edited by Quentin; 25-02-2016 at 5:36 PM.
    • dazster
    • By dazster 25th Feb 16, 2:10 PM
    • 487 Posts
    • 823 Thanks
    dazster
    • 25th Feb 16, 2:10 PM
    • 25th Feb 16, 2:10 PM
    That is a debt collection letter masquerading as a solicitor's letter. Note the weasel words "our client may instruct us...". In other words, we haven't been instructed!

Anyway, some more information please: are you saying that the driver didn't park at all due to the non-availability of a bay? Or that he did park, but not in a bay? Those photos of a vehicle at the side of a road, is that parked?

What was the parking charge alleged to be for? Is "Double Yellow Line" circled on that ticket? 'Cos I'm blowed if I can see yellow lines in the photos. A couple of spots of yellow paint do not constitute double yellow lines! And in any case yellow lines are meaningless on private property. Are there any signs in the vicinity saying "no parking" or otherwise setting out terms and conditions?

You might want to move those images somewhere more anonymous, your name is in the URL and all over the web page.
    Last edited by dazster; 25-02-2016 at 2:17 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 25th Feb 16, 2:18 PM
    • 10,953 Posts
    • 16,339 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 25th Feb 16, 2:18 PM
    • 25th Feb 16, 2:18 PM
    Is the road the car was photographed on a private road?
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 25th Feb 16, 2:19 PM
    • 2,240 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 25th Feb 16, 2:19 PM
    • 25th Feb 16, 2:19 PM
    Hello

can you please give a time line so as to help people giving answers of your questions .....
    good luck

Ralph
    Last edited by Ralph-y; 25-02-2016 at 4:47 PM.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 25th Feb 16, 3:16 PM
    • 976 Posts
    • 1,705 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 25th Feb 16, 3:16 PM
    • 25th Feb 16, 3:16 PM
    Parking is free in Welsh Hospitals so if they are trying to say you breached a contract, where are the signs that say no parking/stopping and are they prominent.

You might want to ask PALS there to get it cancelled too.
    General Election coming up? Your MP worried about his/her job? Give them something to do and get them to sort out these parking cowboys. Search "Theyworkforyou" for the name of your MP.
    • RunDMC73
    • By RunDMC73 25th Feb 16, 3:25 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RunDMC73
    • 25th Feb 16, 3:25 PM
    Name
    • 25th Feb 16, 3:25 PM
    Yes please delete those links! That was a very rookie mistake!!
    • RunDMC73
    • By RunDMC73 25th Feb 16, 3:34 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RunDMC73
    • 25th Feb 16, 3:34 PM
    • 25th Feb 16, 3:34 PM
    The parking offence was apparently committed on the 18th August last year.
    I work away and return home at weekends, this was in the letters my partner gave me On Saturday (20/02/16)
    Until then I had no knowledge at all of the "parking offence" taking place.
    It is on hospital grounds and the car parking situation is ridiculous, it is free parking and there are no retail parks or shopping areas anywhere near this place.
    There are three car parking areas, for around about 600 cars of which there are approximately ten disabled bays. At various times of the week there is literally no room to park anywhere, especially between 3 & 4 in the afternoon when afternoon visiting begins, on top of the normal hullabaloo.
    On the PCN is marked as being on double yellow lines (private road) , and while there are signs dotted around they are constantly vandalised/removed by persons unknown. There are none shown in either photograph in the vicinity of the car.
    The road is used to park by everyone that can't get into the car parks and the photo shows the car "parked" due to the lack of spaces elsewhere,
    Last edited by RunDMC73; 25-02-2016 at 5:29 PM. Reason: Additional information
    • RunDMC73
    • By RunDMC73 25th Feb 16, 3:51 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RunDMC73
    • 25th Feb 16, 3:51 PM
    • 25th Feb 16, 3:51 PM
    New links to my paperwork and pictures!!
    h ttp://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Solicitors%20Letter_zpsyo2u6rqz.jpg
    h ttp://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Ticket%201a_zpsxwwcipko.jpg
    h ttp://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Ticket%203a_zpslet1qfch.jpg
    h ttp://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Ticket%202a_zpsglxpnlss.jpg
    • RunDMC73
    • By RunDMC73 25th Feb 16, 5:21 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RunDMC73
    There you go:

{** Links removed **}

*****If that is your name in the URLs then remove these links immediately*****

It's not a letter before action (your point 3 In your OP), but a debt collecting attempt.
    Originally posted by Quentin

Please remove the links from your earlier post Quentin, was unable to message you as your inbox was full.
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 25th Feb 16, 5:24 PM
    • 14,806 Posts
    • 13,447 Thanks
    bod1467
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Solicitors%20Letter_zpsyo2u6rqz.jpg
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Ticket%201a_zpsxwwcipko.jpg
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Ticket%203a_zpslet1qfch.jpg
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Ticket%202a_zpsglxpnlss.jpg
    • dazster
    • By dazster 25th Feb 16, 5:26 PM
    • 487 Posts
    • 823 Thanks
    dazster
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Solicitors%20Letter_zpsyo2u6rqz.jpg
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Ticket%201a_zpsxwwcipko.jpg
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Ticket%203a_zpslet1qfch.jpg
    http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Ticket%202a_zpsglxpnlss.jpg

It's clear from their own photos that there are no yellow lines, and if there's no signs either this should be a slam-dunk at PoPLA.

To answer one of your original questions, yes you can reset the clock by naming the driver, thereby enabling the driver to appeal to PoPLA. Instructions on doing so are in the Newbies thread.
    • RunDMC73
    • By RunDMC73 25th Feb 16, 5:33 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RunDMC73
    Thanks to everyone for their responses, I'll do that post haste!
    • dazster
    • By dazster 25th Feb 16, 5:56 PM
    • 487 Posts
    • 823 Thanks
    dazster
    Name the driver to PS24, the solicitors/debt collectors will not be interested.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 25th Feb 16, 6:24 PM
    • 5,561 Posts
    • 4,268 Thanks
    The Deep
    One director, Sonny Singh Chal, Immigration Lawyers, appear to be operating on a shoestring.

http://www.checkcompany.co.uk/accounts/2931006/csb-solicitors-limited---accounts

Report them to the SRA for breaching the Equality Act 2010.
    Last edited by The Deep; 25-02-2016 at 6:27 PM.
    • Tom Barr
    • By Tom Barr 9th Oct 16, 1:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tom Barr
    Questionable Law Firm CSB Solicitors
    Honestly, CSB and Sonny Chall are super-questionable (that's being ultra diplomatic). I am having to deal with this on behalf of my daughter's boyfriend and his mother who have been similarly discomforted (scared) by the CSB standard letter. In this case the CSB actions and letter breach 1,2 & 6 of the SRA Principles and a complaint should be made to report@sra.org.uk. You can also contact CSB's PI insurer pi.enquiries@chancerypii.co.uk to let them know you have made a complaint as they probably have a right to know - given the way Mr Chall operates he might have forgotten to inform them. I have done both things as this abuse of the vulnerable has to stop.

My daughter's boyfriend has not bothered with the sham appeals process run by the industry for its own benefit. It's a waste of time. If you are in the right, just document why with the parking company. You will win in court if so, and hardly any action ever goes there, its all hot air. I am making it my mission to give as much back as I can to these shysters.

Oh, addresses you may also be interested in for Mr Chall personally are:

58 Victoria Gardens,
    Hounslow
    TW5 9DE (Companies House )

and

Flat 2 Manor Gardens
    Chiswick
    W4 2JL (Web Registrar)

Check those out on Google Street View and ask yourself how good a lawyer Mr Chall might be. Good luck.

Regards

Tom

Flat 2 Manor Gardens
    Chiswick
    W4 2JL

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Oct 16, 1:42 PM
    • 10,953 Posts
    • 16,339 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You will win in court if so, and hardly any action ever goes there, its all hot air. I am making it my mission to give as much back as I can to these shysters.
    Thanks for the information Tom on Sonny boy.

Just have to draw your attention to a slight inaccuracy in your above contention.

Barry Beavis and ParkingEye battled a case out via the County Court, the Court of Appeal and The Supreme Court - and ParkingEye won.

ParkingEye are responsible for 30,000 court papers being served every year for the past 3 years with around 1,500 cases per year actually appearing in the County Courts in England and Wales.

Buoyed by this 'success' the formerly litigiously-benign operators such as UKPC, VCS and Excel are all on the rampage now with solicitors SCS and BWL pushing hundreds upon hundreds of their cases towards litigation.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Oct 16, 1:42 PM
    • 40,339 Posts
    • 52,194 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Good stuff. As Umkomaas says though, you do need to gen up on what the Supreme Court (astonishingly) managed to do in November 2015 in National Consumers' week, upholding a ParkingEye 'charge' contrary to the views and arguments of the Consumers Association who supported Mr Beavis, yet lost. The law was changed, the goalposts on age-old penalty law were moved for Capita-funded Parking Eye...one asks why...?

Have you also written to your MP and Mrs May with your findings about this industry? Please do, because the DCLG are currently putting together their response to last year's call for evidence, where only a few hundred consumers responded.

And of course the suits of the BPA and IPC will have lobbied furiously since, so lets rattle the right cages again NOW:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754&page=6

Template letter there for those who need a template to guide them. All people with private PCNs and court threats from this pathetic industry are called upon to write NOW to your MP and Mrs May about this attack on consumers.

'credit clamping' is worse than car clamping ever was and 'keeper liability' (Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012) should be repealed immediately to protect more vulnerable people from being sued when they were not even driving/no fault/no contract.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 09-10-2016 at 1:46 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,396Posts Today

6,726Users online

Martin's Twitter