IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CSB Solicitor/Parking SOlutions 24

Options
RunDMC73
RunDMC73 Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 25 February 2016 at 4:55PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all, I received this letter through the post. I am the keeper of the vehicle and was not the driver.
The disabled driver was unable to park in any bay of any description and I believe the ticket has been issued incorrectly.
Having read the newbies guide I could:-
  1. Reset the timer by supplying the drivers name
  2. contact the PPC for a code and appeal that way.
  3. Treat it as a debt collector/letter before action and respond to it accordingly stating I am disputing it and will contest vigorously.
(* Links now at post #9)

As a newbie I cant post links so you'll have to remove the space between H and ttp://
There are evidential redacted pictures showing the ticket and manner of parking which I'll upload in post #2

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2016 at 6:36PM
    Options
    It's not a letter before action (your point 3 In your OP), but a debt collecting attempt.
  • dazster
    dazster Posts: 502 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2016 at 3:17PM
    Options
    That is a debt collection letter masquerading as a solicitor's letter. Note the weasel words "our client may instruct us...". In other words, we haven't been instructed!

Anyway, some more information please: are you saying that the driver didn't park at all due to the non-availability of a bay? Or that he did park, but not in a bay? Those photos of a vehicle at the side of a road, is that parked?

What was the parking charge alleged to be for? Is "Double Yellow Line" circled on that ticket? 'Cos I'm blowed if I can see yellow lines in the photos. A couple of spots of yellow paint do not constitute double yellow lines! And in any case yellow lines are meaningless on private property. Are there any signs in the vicinity saying "no parking" or otherwise setting out terms and conditions?

You might want to move those images somewhere more anonymous, your name is in the URL and all over the web page.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Is the road the car was photographed on a private road?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 February 2016 at 5:47PM
    Options
    Hello

can you please give a time line so as to help people giving answers of your questions .....
    good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Parking is free in Welsh Hospitals so if they are trying to say you breached a contract, where are the signs that say no parking/stopping and are they prominent.

You might want to ask PALS there to get it cancelled too.
  • RunDMC73
    Options
    Yes please delete those links! That was a very rookie mistake!!
  • RunDMC73
    RunDMC73 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2016 at 6:29PM
    Options
    The parking offence was apparently committed on the 18th August last year.
    I work away and return home at weekends, this was in the letters my partner gave me On Saturday (20/02/16)
    Until then I had no knowledge at all of the "parking offence" taking place.
    It is on hospital grounds and the car parking situation is ridiculous, it is free parking and there are no retail parks or shopping areas anywhere near this place.
    There are three car parking areas, for around about 600 cars of which there are approximately ten disabled bays. At various times of the week there is literally no room to park anywhere, especially between 3 & 4 in the afternoon when afternoon visiting begins, on top of the normal hullabaloo.
    On the PCN is marked as being on double yellow lines (private road) , and while there are signs dotted around they are constantly vandalised/removed by persons unknown. There are none shown in either photograph in the vicinity of the car.
    The road is used to park by everyone that can't get into the car parks and the photo shows the car "parked" due to the lack of spaces elsewhere,
  • RunDMC73
    Options
    New links to my paperwork and pictures!!
    h ttp://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Solicitors%20Letter_zpsyo2u6rqz.jpg
    h ttp://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Ticket%201a_zpsxwwcipko.jpg
    h ttp://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Ticket%203a_zpslet1qfch.jpg
    h ttp://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/RUNDMC73/Parking%20Ticket%202a_zpsglxpnlss.jpg
  • RunDMC73
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    There you go:

{** Links removed **}

*****If that is your name in the URLs then remove these links immediately*****

It's not a letter before action (your point 3 In your OP), but a debt collecting attempt.

Please remove the links from your earlier post Quentin, was unable to message you as your inbox was full.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure