IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket from IPC member, paint on signage, worth appealing?

Options
As per the title, I have read the newbies thread etc so I'd like to get any opinions on whether to appeal back to vehicle control services (VCS) or the IPC, or both, or neither, as the latest advice for an IPC member seems to be ignore.

Appeal points would be unclear/damaged signage being the obvious one, also perhaps wording? The other plaque reads "residents parking only", but the driver is not a resident of that address, the driver was given a guest permit and displayed it at the back of the vehicle so the sign should read "residents and guests parking only"?

Any thoughts appreciated, unfortunately the PCN was lost.
Thanks for your time.

Pics/docs:
imgur.com/a/EzZ6m

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hi and welcome to the forum .......

you may need to re read the newbies thread ;)

we always say do the first appeal ......... then its up to the individual as to if they wish to do the skippy appeal ;)

there is a template for the IPC brethren horde .......

either way you will not win ......

but re read and you decide

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • chrome436
    Options
    I see, I shall do, but I just wanted to check to see if the clear photo evidence I have of damaged signs would count for anything? I guess it doesn't. Thanks for your input anyhow. The Link is at the bottom of my first post.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Won't count for anything as it's the IAS, kangaroo court. The NEWBIES thread has a first appeal especially for IPC members, as suggested by salmosalaris, but beyond that, when rejected and offered IAS, forget it and ignore the debt collector letters.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    It is always worth appealing IPCmembers' tickets.

The reason for this is, as CM says, that the appeal process is so seriously flawed that you could argue to a judge that you have not been granted a fair hearing by the anonymous IAS adjudicator.

As far as we are aware, no-one has been taken to court after having their IAS appeal rejected, besides, it costs them money.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • chrome436
    Options
    Ok I shall take heed of the advice thanks very much all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure