Non delivery due courier being 'abused', advice please

Options
Posted an item using My Hermes and received an email today advising that the courier had been unable to deliver my parcel due to 'abuse' when they tried to deliver to the address.

My Hermes have advised me to choose another address, or pay £4 to have the item returned to me.

I don't wish to use another address, since the buyer only lives at one address. Also, I suspect I would not be covered as a seller posting to another address other than the one the buyer has registered with Ebay. Paying £4 to have item returned is not an option as this was a fairly low value sale.

Have left it with My Hermes to try and sort out, they have not been able to describe what form this 'abuse' took, obviously, I don't want any driver having to encounter this but what are my options if a INR case is opened?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you spoken to the buyer? If not, it might be an idea to do so. They may have an entirely different story or be able to explain the abuse claim.

If INR case is opened it wouldn't show proof of delivery.
  • Social_Mime
    Options
    Hi,

Contact the buyer as soon as possible. See what has happened? Make sure you get both sides of the story before going any further.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You have a contract with Hermes.

If they have been unable to deliver due to 'abuse', then they need to file a police report as evidence.

Otherwise any courier could just claim this!!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure