IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Daily Mail article re' 'fined' driver Robin Hood Airport.

Options
Another press article re' parking at Doncaster airport - good to see that its 'news worthy' and being kept in the public domain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3256767/Driver-fined-getting-lost-turning-dead-end-road.html

Yotmon.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Appalling extortion. All adds to the misery landscape these PPCs are painting - ultimately resulting in an eventual neutering.

Hope the good old Law Lords are getting to see this and realise how a negative judgment in the context of Beavis will see even greater examples of financial rape and pillaging of the British public!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Northlakes
    Northlakes Posts: 826 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Hope the good old Law Lords are getting to see this and realise how a negative judgment in the context of Beavis will see even greater examples of financial rape and pillaging of the British public!

I wish I had any confidence in the Supreme Court getting to grips with this. Their lordships don't live in the real world and are protected environment free from the abuses others have to suffer.
    The legal hierarchy, so far, has done little to overcome these problems. You need to look no further than the local trading standards departments in England. Where are they in the fight for the ordinary consumer? The laws are enacted but they are nowhere I would suggest.
    REVENGE IS A DISH BETTER SERVED COLD
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I see the airport mentioned "security" issues. As if sending out a fake fine a couple of weeks after the event would deter a terrorist.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Bullly for the DM, articless such as this are read by hundreds of thousands of people.

The road sign in the article is ludicrous, the small print is impossible to read without stopping.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Parking-Prankster
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Bullly for the DM, articless such as this are read by hundreds of thousands of people.

The road sign in the article is ludicrous, the small print is impossible to read without stopping.
    The IAS barista's would disagree with you. They feel it is perfectly possible not only to read it, but also understand it, evaluate it and come to a decision as to whether or not to enter into a contract based on the contents.

The font is 1cm high, so a driver with legal eyesight should be able to read it 2.5m away.

At 30mph a car travels 13.4 metres a second, so this will be readable for something like 1/6 of a second.

You have to wonder what twisted and warped minds the baristas have to think that this can possibly be a valid way to accept a contract. No self-respecting legal professional would rule a contract was accepted if you flashed it in front of someone's face and took it away before they could read it.

Even worse, you can see from the next DM picture that the sign is actually at 90 degrees to the traffic. So a driver would NEVER be able to read it.

Vehicle Control Systems regularly lie to the IAS and state that the signs are facing traffic. This has been reported to John Davies of the IPC who apparently condones lying to the IAS as he has done nothing about this. I haven't done an IAS appeal for a while so I don't know if the practice continues, but I suspect it does.
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    VCS , getting big headed "VCS has said that they 'had no alternative' but to refer the matter to a bailiff because Ms Turner has not appealed to the Independent Complaints Authority"
  • Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    Options
    VCS , getting big headed "VCS has said that they 'had no alternative' but to refer the matter to a bailiff because Ms Turner has not appealed to the Independent Complaints Authority"

I was about to highlight this bit as well. Along with :

"A spokesperson for VCS said: 'There is no set criteria on a minimum time a vehicle can remain stationary as a number of factors are taken into account before a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) is issued."

What a bunch of lying tosspots VCS really are !!!!
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure