IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful Cancellation of PCN :-)

Options
Hi there

After fab advice here, I have been successful in getting a PCN cancelled after complaining directly to the Retailer for a PCN issued yesterday - where can i post this good news story and details for other Forum Users ? :beer:

Comments

• Northlakes
    Northlakes Posts: 826 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good news but get it in writing! Don't miss a PPC appeal date waiting for confirmation.
    Complaining to the retailer is by far the best and least hassling way to get PCN's cancelled if they will play ball.
    REVENGE IS A DISH BETTER SERVED COLD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi there

After fab advice here, I have been successful in getting a PCN cancelled after complaining directly to the Retailer for a PCN issued yesterday - where can i post this good news story and details for other Forum Users ? :beer:

Well done on following advice from regulars here (by just reading and learning, without needing direct help) and getting this quashed! :T

Pop your story up here, it's where most will read it. Please include the name of the PPC and the retailer. This will give newbies, with the same PPC/retailer issue, confidence to follow your great example.

Was it a verbal complaint or a written one? If verbal, some idea of what you said will be great; if a written complaint, any chance of a copy of the text you used? Would be so helpful to future 'victims'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Northlakes wrote: »
    Good news but get it in writing! Don't miss a PPC appeal date waiting for confirmation.
    Complaining to the retailer is by far the best and least hassling way to get PCN's cancelled if they will play ball.

Retailer confirmed email coming tomorrow - Retailer excellent and very upset over what happened... if someone can point me in the correct direction of where to post, I will post everything and retailers' reply tomorrow :-)
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,565 Forumite
    Options
    well done :j

here would be as good a place as any ;)

Ralph:cool:
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    post it in here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249&page=8

thats what that sticky thread is for

well done :)
  • the_wheels_have_fallen_of
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Well done on following advice from regulars here (by just reading and learning, without needing direct help) and getting this quashed! :T

Pop your story up here, it's where most will read it. Please include the name of the PPC and the retailer. This will give newbies, with the same PPC/retailer issue, confidence to follow your great example.

Was it a verbal complaint or a written one? If verbal, some idea of what you said will be great; if a written complaint, any chance of a copy of the text you used? Would be so helpful to future 'victims'.

Thanks for all the fabulous help that the forum advice has given me.... The PPC in this case was UKCPS Ltd (registered in Leeds) and the Retailer was Boots the Chemist at Ravenhead Retail Park, St Helens, Merseyside and here is a summary of the incident:

I am virtually full term pregnant and had returned from a hospital appointment to pick up a prescription from Boots after the appointment. I am currently suffering from a painful pregnancy induced condition called "pelvic girdle" as well as having a recognised long term condition (greater than 12 months). The car park was heaving and because I cant walk very far because of the condition, we decided to park the car in a disabled space at the front of the car park. I already knew that a disabled badge didnt have to be displayed on private land because I had checked previously with other retailers when I first started with the pregnancy induced condition.

We were in store for 9 minutes, yes 9 minutes - the "warden" observed (according to the pretend ticket) the precise moment we arrived at Boots and issued the ticket 5 minutes later. 4 minutes later we left the store and found the ticket. He/she clearly observed me (in a very heavily pregnant state) getting out of the car. Ticket issued was usual £100 reduced to £60 if paid within blah blah days..

After following advice here and reading some of the posts regarding disabled parking on retail parks, I decided to ring the Store Manager at Boots the following morning rather than lodging an appeal with the PPC.

I explained the exact circumstances of what had happened and explained to the Store Manager of Boots that not only do I have reduced mobility due to my pregnancy induced condition, that I also have a long term recognised condition and that I have been discriminated against Equality Act 2010 and that I was incredibly upset about the circumstances of the ticket and that the "warden" had clearly observed me getting out of the car with reduced mobility. I said I also felt like sending them a bill to remove the sticky mess that the gummed plastic wallet had left when the "warden" hammered onto the windscreen of my brand new car.

She was absolutely furious and said that she would get the ticket cancelled with the landowner and management company that very afternoon and would call me back to confirm that she had done so. She said that Boots could not have customers with genuine need treated in this way as nothing but a money making exercise.

I received a call back from her the same afternoon confirming that she had indeed organised to have the PCN cancelled and I asked her to follow it up with an email which I received the morning after with the following text:

[FONT=&quot]"Hi[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Further to our conversation yesterday, I can confirm that the parking ticket issued this week in Ravenhead Retail Park, outside the Boots store has been revoked.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have been in touch with the Park Site Management and they have advised they will take the appropriate action to sort this.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Again, please accept my apologies for the distress caused by this but I hope to see you again in the near future"[/FONT]

Cant thank everyone enough for the marvellous advice and for helping with this.... I genuinely would never park in a disabled space anywhere unless I had a genuine need as described above..
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    Options
    @t-w-h-f-o. Thanks for giving us that information and account of how you handled this so well.

I hope all goes well with the pregnancy.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport